Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments on the new run. It really is the best thing I've done for the girls who all seem much happier in there, though possibly I'm just imagining that! I do love that I can sit in it with them though! I did sort of foolishly hope the extra room would mean Cecil stopped pecking poor Faberge's bum but it looks like I'm going to have to take more extreme measures on that!

I'd been looking for somewhere to stick that flaming pub sign (liberated from one of my favourite pubs when it closed down) for ages, so it'll make a handy windbreak and will also advertise the homebrew when it finally gets going!

I have to say my girls look far happier now, they spend a long time scratching up the pebbly bit in the middle of the run, we have some branches that they like climbing on and they don't seem to be pacing like they were before. We have a wooden stool in one corner which we sit on and watch them and then they have something else to climb on. :D

I have to say my girls look far happier now

I was just thinking that today too :) . My 3 don't pace at all now and even though their freerange door is open, they often spend time in the run anyway :) . Still waiting for them to try the high-rise hentertainment though :roll: . Maisie's had a go but only once :? .

I put a car tyre in today filled with sand, compost and diatom - they don't seem to have noticed :wall: .

Its funny you say they haven't tried the high rise entertainment Vicki as my YS keeps putting the girls on the fixed perch and on the moveable perch and they just fly off. Still keeps him busy. :wink::D They like the old bush branches though and I think they will uses the perches once they've got used to them. The fixed one is very handy for hanging greens from though :D

I put a car tyre in today filled with sand, compost and diatom - they don't seem to have noticed :wall: .
We've got a old green recycling bin in our run, which is filled will sieved earth. It's been there since a few days after the girls moved in, but it's only in the last few days they seem to have actually noticed it and started using it :doh:.

I watched our big Orp, Di, squeeze herself into it this afternoon, after which she had a lovely time spraying dust all over herself and everything within a 2m radius of her :lol:.

Andrew

Photos at last ! The tarp on the roof will be replaced with poly panels at the weekend and there will be more branches and a shelf fitted so its not all done yet :roll:

S6004648-1.jpgS6004643-1.jpg

My Ikea kitchen rail Grub and Glug holders!

S6004645-1.jpg

And a snuck in pic of the chicks in their wooden house/Eglu run hybrid home :lol:

S6004638-1.jpg

Wow that looks amaaazing the ladder is fabulous and love the ikea holder lol excellent run i need to ge me a better roof where do you get those poly panels from? and how much are they around?

I got the soft opaque corrugated panels from Wickes 2.4m x 0.6m was about £7 and I have bought six, they go on with nails which cost another £6 in total. I got the softer cheaper ones because they can be more easily cut and are not as brittle as the clear ones so are easier to fix, although the clear ones are definately more sturdy and will last longer (they were about £9 each)

That is great Tasha! I am SO impressed that you built is yourself! :clap: It looks like an A4U run!!! :clap::clap:

I was ok with the slabs but useless with Wood! :lol:

I think I am going to have to pop over to milky beans (milton keynes) ikea to purchase a couple of those rails as I have still to find something to put my superglug on!

Well done Tasha :D :D

......but really.......untidiness is not an excuse for no pics :wink::wink: we have the vision to see through the debris :wink::lol:

Just as well....if you could see through the debris my house is pristine!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

How's your prep work going Pam? I've fingers & toes crossed that the rain holds off for you for the next day or two.....

Sha x

I have a few busy days of run prep work and come back to find lots of pics .....finally Tasha :wink: ....and lots of run developments :D :D :D Well Done everyone.....very impressive

right.....checklist....

screwdriver charged,

camera charged,

bales of hemcore and bags of woodchip in shed

cakes baked....gotta keep my strength up :wink:

sunshine ordered :D

workforce and extras organised.....even if my mother who is chief chook looker afterer and tea maker has discovered she has booked in 2 people for facials tomorrow :roll::roll:

just missing one thing.......oh yes.......THE RUN :!::!::!::!:

there was a problem with it being collected.......the yard where Tony has his workshop had gone onto short hours which he didn't know so when night freight went to collect it, they couldn't get into the yard.......Tony has been an absolute star at sorting it all out (thank you Tony........very much appreciated) :clap::clap: and it's definitely coming tomorrow morning so we're still on schedule :D :D :D

I will of course post pics and will keep you all updated :D :D

Redwing that's a marvellous run.

Well we had a bit of drama overnight, a high wind send the roof cracking and flapping and threatening to part company with the frame.

I was in bed in the front of the house when OH told me - he put stakes lying on the roof to weight it down.

I dearly hope it'll just be a case of a few more nails at the edges because if the whole roof has to be removed and re-done I will have one very angry OH. We do only have 3 nails in each panel and the instructions for onduline do say to wrap the edges down and nail them, which we hadn't done. Here's hoping :pray:

For now I have ugly roof...

Wow that looks amaaazing the ladder is fabulous and love the ikea holder lol excellent run i need to ge me a better roof where do you get those poly panels from? and how much are they around?

I got the soft opaque corrugated panels from Wickes 2.4m x 0.6m was about £7 and I have bought six, they go on with nails which cost another £6 in total. I got the softer cheaper ones because they can be more easily cut and are not as brittle as the clear ones so are easier to fix, although the clear ones are definately more sturdy and will last longer (they were about £9 each)

Darn it don't think we have a wickes here might be able to get same kind of thing in b & q. My roof panels at present are sagging when it rains the tarp ontop fills with water i gotta push it up to let the water down but today no point it is absolutely tipping it down i would be out every five minutes.

My DIY expert friend put as many screws into our roof as he could fit in (I think he said over 70!). He also advocated screwing a batten on top of the roof to lessen the likelihood of the wind ripping the plastic upwards.

You can see the extra batten (an old clothes line stretcher) up against the white fascia. We've still to screw down an extra batten under the plastic.

3395076977_dde4bf7044.jpg