Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Chickvic - hey you have to start somewhere!

Hillfamily - thank you very much. :D

I have to say that even though we levelled the paving slabs with the concrete base we hadn't realised how unlevel the concrete base was :roll:

YS has just put his coat on and has taken his book back out to the run - I could lose him permanently out there at this rate :D

That looks so nice! and really excellent! It looks perfect, I like your ladder as well..I think i will build a little ladder extension or a step up on mine as well ..u must b well pleased

happy hens

indie :)

Thanks everyone :D

Tony made the ladder as well so it will be interesting to see how they get on with it. Butch was the only one that ever climbed up and down the cube ladder properly before. The other two used to slide/fly down. :D

I can't tell you all how happy I am, I keep looking out and smiling :D

Well Ginger the youngest chicken obviously decided it was bed time and flew into the cube but the other two thought it wasn't quite bedtime yet so Ginger came back down.

YS and I were sitting in the cube like statues waiting for them to go to bed. They kept looking up to the cube so in the end we put no 1 girl in, Ginger followed her straight up and then we had to pick Flo up and put her in as the girls were looking out wondering where she was.

I'm sure they'll have the hang of it by tomorrow. :D

Ali-s - I'm a bit wary of putting any more girls in at the moment, they are such a nice happy little flock of girls that I don't want to ruin it. My husband just keeps looking out saying - yep definitely room for a couple more chickens :roll:

Seagazer that looks so great. I'm so jealous!

We should be starting work today, putting up the panels so hopefully I'll have something to show by the end of the day, but it looks like rain out there (pouty face!).

RB have great fun getting the girls, can't wait to see the pics of them in their run.

Vicki and Wiblick thanks so much. I can't tell you how many times YS has been out in the run. I came down this morning to find him in the run reading his book :D - I don't think he was out there all night though :wink::lol:

Wiblick I hope the weather stays dry for you today. Its a bit drizzly here which is annoying as OH was supposed to be varnishing the front door today. It looks really shabby at the moment and we've got a party in a couple of weeks. Still everybody will be able to come and ooh and aah at the chicken run..... :D

I wonder if Rosemarysbaby has put photos in the chicken section?

Have you got them yet, RB :D ? Where's the photos :D ?

Wiblick, hope the weather stays good enough for you to do something today :( . (It's pouring here :roll: .)

Well after 20 mins of leaving the house my exciting journey turned into a nightmare and my 5 yr old kept :vom: all over me and my brothers van had to stop off on side of country lanes a few times by time we got there i was a mess and he was sitting with a bucket :wall: oh the joys lol

finally got my girls well hope they are girls she said with white stars being a pure breed she couldnt sex them so any problems ie: cocks she'll take them back and exchange them i just hope i never have to do that nightmarish journey again it was awful!!!!!! Pauline and paddy where lovely though very helpful :D

anyway lol :dance: PICTURES lol :dance:

I had to buy another coop to accomodate these girls and the silkies, so silkies will get the eglu in eventuallity

Random155-1.jpg

Random156.jpg

Random157.jpg

picking up the silkies on monday not telling the kids but i plan to get 3 of them instead of 2 naughty me lol

They feel so smooth and silkie to the touch the Hylines and the white stars so soft they are a pleasure to stroke beautiful beautiful babies aswell PROUD MAMA :D:D:D

Beautiful babies congratulations. :D Where do the names come from?

LEELOO IS NAME OF THE FIFTH ELEMENT IN THE FILM OF SAME NAME

OPHELIA IS FROM SHAKESPEAREAN PLAY

KELDA IS FROM TERRY PRATCHETT NOVEL THE WEE FREE MEN WHICH IS THE FEMALE OF THE CLAN (THERE IS ONLY ONE PER CLAN)

MURGHANA IS PART URDU AND PLAY ON NAMES REALLY "MORGANA" MURGH IS URDU FOR CHICKEN HENCE MURGHANA MY HUSBAND CAME UP WITH THIS ONE :D

OUR SILKIES WILL BE NAMED:

GOLD - GOLDILOCKS

BLACK - RUFFLESILKSKIN (HUBBY MADE THIS ONE UP TOO CLEVER HUBBY LOL)

SPLASH - CINDERS :D

Congratulations, they are lovely girls :D:clap: . Sorry about your little one - hope it was just the car that made him :vom::? .

He does seemed to have perked up since getting home although about an hour later i was sick and grandmother phoned saying one of my daughters is ill and her grandfather so must be the easter virus lol Typical x