Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

I'm glad its turning out ok. I have a feeling with my little darlings that they will still pace up and down but I shall just have to keep firm. I did start a conversation with my hubby about netting off that part of the garden and he went like this :roll: and then :evil: so I think I'll just keep to the WIR :wink::D

The girls seem very happy but still stand at the side gazing adoringly at the world beyond :roll: . Once I get more Omlet netting I'll be able to give them much more space outside :) .

Bless your hens for going me a second hand guilt trip! :lol::lol::lol:

I will post their netting tomorrow first class for them :D

This had been a fantastic thread ANH, which I'm sure will be useful for many years to come :clap::dance: !

Pleased you like it 3.gif.

Just wondered if you knew where I could book some Ladder Lessons :roll: . They've not quite got the hang of it yet :wall: . (Sorry about the video quality, it was taken through the kitchen window!)

Maisie & Milly get ready for bed

This had been a fantastic thread ANH, which I'm sure will be useful for many years to come :clap::dance: !

Pleased you like it 3.gif.

Just wondered if you knew where I could book some Ladder Lessons :roll: . They've not quite got the hang of it yet :wall: . (Sorry about the video quality, it was taken through the kitchen window!)

Maisie & Milly get ready for bed

Oh bless her poor thing. Still its good flying practice :wink::D

Sorry about the video quality, it was taken through the kitchen window!
Oh, what you need is a webcam set up in your kitchen window, then you'll be able to watch the girls antics all day long :lol:.

Andrew

No the maximum we have in there is 7; 4 Orpies & 3 chooks!

It has me chuckling every time I watch it!

After about 3 days of using Jasper (cube orange) in the WIR, the 3 chooks decided they wanted to bunk up with the big girls, so Jasper is now a very expensive nest box until we are brave enough to put the batties into him over night :roll: !

Sha x

ANH - Your girls seem to be getting the hang of it slowly :lol: , mine still seem to prefer flying up into the cube rather than walking up the ladder though. And after all that effort you went to making the ladder as well :roll: typical chooks.

Sha- that video is hilarious :lol: . The sound effects make it even better. The ladder sounds like a springboard each time one of your *cough* dainty ladies junps off the end of it :lol::lol: . I can't believe how bign they are :shock: , I have to get some Orpies now :mrgreen: .

Our roof is on, courtesy of OH of best friend 8) . The guttering is half on but unfortunately some of the clips on the brackets were broken so I'll have to get to B&Q and get more. Also need a couple more batons under the roof sheets just to completely gale-proof it.

The Hemcore is in and the chicken playground is (almost) complete :D .

3395076977_dde4bf7044.jpg

3395892424_eb1689386b.jpg

Edited to add a couple more pics (can you tell I'm chuffed with my WIR :oops:) . I reached my Flickr limit this month :shock: so sneaked over to Photobucket :wink: .

pic008-2.jpg

pic004-1.jpg

Maisie on crows nest duty :roll:

pic002-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

That looks really good ANH, those panels fit a treat and look very smart :D

I love the logs in the run- I bet some tasty grubs live in those babies! that Hemcore looks immaculate too

Has it rained since the roof has gone on? I wonder if you will get problems with rain blowing in as its not protected as low down as the Eglu was with its own run, I am worrying about that for my run so wondered if you have had any problems so far

My run is nearly done - just the roof, the Eglu hatch and the guttering to go :dance: I want to get my table birds outside next weekend and need the Eglu run so am trying to get the big girls run done to vacate the Eglu run :D

Thanks, everyone :) . I must admit I'm really pleased with it :D . And thanks to Redwing's spare Omlet netting they also have a fab freerange area 8).

3391344201_a4224d5323.jpg

Has it rained since the roof has gone on? I wonder if you will get problems with rain blowing in as its not protected as low down as the Eglu was with its own run, I am worrying about that for my run so wondered if you have had any problems so far

We only put the roof on today so it's only been tested by the hosepipe so far! We got a leak but only because we haven't put the required extra batons on the roof yet.

I definitely need something to prevent rain and wind coming in the sides so I've bought a really big glass clear tarpaulin and some extra eyelets. I plan to measure the sides & door and cut the tarpaulin to fit, adding extra eyelets. Haven't quite decided on the method of fixing it yet.