Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

It's morning Mostin......... :wink:

Sha x

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok,ok,ok just sat here having breckie and fending off my shreddies from the mogs :roll: . It's bootiful outside, as I've already been out chasing escapedchooks round the garden in my nightie :oops: , so I'll be out with the camera soon :D .

Ooh can't wait to see the photos. :D

Good luck with the delivery and getting the run up today Vicki, will be keeping everything crossed that it all goes well. :dance:

Right - nearly finished my coffee - off to the greenhouse, then the dump. The greenhouse will be coming down tomorrow. Yay :D

Just had confirmation re delivery - between 12 and 6 tomorrow :D:clap: . Also have instructions from Tony (feeling a bit nervous after reading them but ATSW (Andrew!) is being very helpful :) .

Why oh why, don't I have a useful OH :roll: . ShaunW, you don't fancy another trip to Edinburgh, do you :wink: ? I promise to actually give you cake this time :oops::lol: . Mostin, please come too and we can sit and watch him :D .

I'd come and help :D :D.......but your just a bit too far from me on the sunny south coast :roll::lol::lol:

Hope it arrives soon.......not long until 12noon :D:D

It's morning Mostin......... :wink:

Sha x

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok,ok,ok just sat here having breckie and fending off my shreddies from the mogs :roll: . It's bootiful outside, as I've already been out chasing escapedchooks round the garden in my nightie :oops: , so I'll be out with the camera soon :D .

We're waiting *taps fingers impatiently* ........it'll soon be lunchtime :wink::wink::D:D

OK, ok, here they are :lol:

3370505586_117f6f8164.jpg?v=0

3370506686_2964a2203b.jpg?v=0

The wire is very tough but a little bit further apart than I would like, so we will be lining the run with chicken wire near the bottom so nosey chooks can't poke their heads through :roll: .

We'll also be putting chicken wire or flags around the outside to stop Mr fox digging in. We're on a budget at the moment so the roof at the moment will be from tarp's we have in the garage, but before winter it will be made from tougher corregated plastic.

Shaun is making a door in the panel on the short side near the corner he is leaning on for us to get in and out of, wide enough for a wheel barrow of course :lol: .

Not bad for £109 inc delivery, and all built in one evening :D

That looks great, Mostin 8):D . Very clever idea, using those panels!

I also have news :D . My run is here :clap::dance::clap::dance: .

Lovely bloke from NightFreight, talked to Riley and admired the girls and warned me about splinters on the batons 8) .

I need to powerwash the eglu first while it's sunny but will try to make sense of it in time for ES coming home from school.

I have husband of best friend coming round with a masonry drill on my command so no worries there any more :D:clap: .

That looks great, Mostin 8) I have news :D . My run is here :clap::dance::clap::dance:.
That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased it's all arrived as expected. I've spent my lunch hour putting some further pictures together which show the detail of my construction efforts. I hope they help you make sense of your instructions and all the panels that are, no doubt, now sitting in a big pile in your garden!

Click here to view.

Best of luck with your run, you know where to call if you need help!

Andrew

Sorry if I've missed it but has anyone managed a truntable for the eglu, and are there any photo's. I have cube on the outside and Eglu for emergencies/ broody hen inside and would love the space I would gain if the Eglu were oon a turntable for cleaning purposes.

Our (pitched) roof has a gap all the way along the apex with upturned guttering slightly raised above it to let heat and wind escape and keep the rain out.

That looks great, Mostin 8) I have news :D . My run is here :clap::dance::clap::dance:.
That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased it's all arrived as expected. I've spent my lunch hour putting some further pictures together which show the detail of my construction efforts. I hope they help you make sense of your instructions and all the panels that are, no doubt, now sitting in a big pile in your garden!

Click here to view.

Andrew

Great photos Andrew. Can I ask does the grub and glug not fit onto the side of the run or should I have ordered the freestanding food thing? I can't remember seeing it when I ordered the run.

Mostin - the run looks great. What a lovely amount of space they'll have. :D

Vicki - is it done yet (I'm just joking) :wink::D

Click here to view.

Andrew

Excellent pictures Andrew :D :D - very helpful as my Aviaries4u WIR arrives in a few weeks :D :D :D

Click here to view.

Andrew

Lovely pictures atsw :clap: , I am very :mrgreen: . Our run will be very good at it's job but it won't be as pretty as all the wooden ones built by Tony. Well done with the photos.

It may not be the prettiest run Mostin but it looks like a fox fortress and it is gigantic!

ANH good news about your run arriving on time, although you are probably not listening and are out putting it up as I speak!

I have made a beautiful (and by that I mean functioning) door panel, it only took three hours! I have made seven plain panels and the door, just one more plain one and a mini door one to go :dance: (oh and the roof, and the kick boards and the mid rail, and the Eglu table......)

Some of the panels and door

S6004631-1.jpg

I must have a neat and tidy work area! hmmmmmm :roll:

S6004632-1.jpg

Well, we've got a corner and the door set up. I was getting very frustrated at not being able to get the screws in though. However we tried it (electric or manual screwdriver) we found it really hard to get them in (and had to give up on some :( ).

So I phoned Tony and he confirmed that our electric screwdriver is rubbish! My friend's OH is on his way as we speak with a collection of tools so hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get going properly. He's coming back on Sunday to help fix it to the garage wall.

Out tonight and tomorrow morning (I will be home inbetween :wink: ) ) but will get back onto it tomorrow afternoon :) .

So I phoned Tony and he confirmed that our electric screwdriver is rubbish!

That's a shame :(:(

I might have a look in B&Q when I pop in tomorrow at their selection of power screwdrivers :D I've got quite a large powerful power driver but it definitely needs some new screwdriver bits

Like all those gleaming new panels ...my work area is the same I have just left a 30m roll of weldmesh lying on the patio and my breadboard in doors is covered with hammers and clips and nails etc etc....my local supplier was supposed to deliver my timber end of this week and all the lovely weather but they are coming on Monday :(

So am going to try to get the roof struts (sounds like I know what i am doing NOT) tomorrow once i have got them out of the garage roof with the help of my v useful 13 yr old..............just need to get some of those PVC panels home from Wickes!!

Glad i am not the only one building away

indie :wall:

ps I dont mean the garage roof they are stored in their with tons of old christmas trees & toys and no doubt mickey mouses

So I phoned Tony and he confirmed that our electric screwdriver is rubbish! My friend's OH is on his way as we speak with a collection of tools so hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get going properly. He's coming back on Sunday to help fix it to the garage wall.

How frustrating for you ANH, I hope you have better luck tomorrow.

Shaun has been out cutting a door in our run, he's just been driven in by the dark. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow we should have the cube and the girls inside :dance: .

sorry I feel like I have been deserting you all lately but I really am trying to keep track with you all and eagerly awaiting pictures!

Tasha you have done a great job from what I can see! :D

I was wondering where you were and then you phoned! :D

Tasha.....those panels look great! 8) I am very impressed!

ANH - how fustrating, I know you wanted to get it up ASAP, bless friends OH for coming and supplying tools! Hope all goes well tomorrow.....good weather expected too!

My WIR is now just missing the plastic roof and the ladder. FIL will return to work on Sunday morning, it is his birthday so I have promised him lunch. I forgot to mention to him that he was getting lunch anyways as it is mothers day and MIL and my parents are coming over! :oops: Think it might have to be a cold buffet style lunch as i won`t have time to cook a full on sunday roast as i will be too busy watching the new girls (collecting tomorrow) and keeping an eye on the old girls reactions!

Don`t panic, Cookie is lending me a big dog crate just in case I need to secure the Orps before the roof is on the WIR :D Cookie Monster rocks! :D