Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

:D

It really does look like wickes! :D

My lounge looked similar when my (cube green) arrived as i emptied the boxes into the lounge but my OH would of drawn the line at building the WIR inside :D

My garden looked like a bomb had gone off yesterday whilts FIL and OH were finished the wooden frame for the WIR but i have been out there today and tidied.

I have also discovered that Gin (white chicken) is not so keen on the lawn mower :oops: Good job the lawn mower is load enough to drown out some of her screaming!

Your plans look much better than my first attempts which were on the back of a napkin.

Check out ANH technical 3D pics earlier in this thread. They are amazing!

Does anyone else building a WIR have a living room that looks a bit like a branch of Wickes?

3359756982_c46cc89d37.jpg

My (elaborate) WIR plans:

3358939121_d01631a63d.jpg

Art not really my strong point!

Lmao I will take a pic and show you my plans :lol: yours is better by far i can create anything on a wall but on paper it is like stick men and stuff lmao

Rather than add another thread to this can I ask any of you who have been around a little longer a question. Last summer, there was an Omletteer posting pics of their run from Aviaries4U. It was octagonal in shape and very nice. I can't seem to find the pics nor can I remember the name pf the person. All I do recall was that they rescued cats( or was it dogs) from Greece or Cyprus.

Does anyone recall the name or thread?

ANH- I am hoping you might!!! :pray:

Edited to add the picture as it is still on the Aviaries4U site here

http://www.aviaries4u.co.uk/octagonal_aviaries.htm

Took some pics yesterday of the progress.

This is WIR in it`s current form:

100_0229.jpg

This is Molly, our cat "helping"

100_0227.jpg

Every tool OH or FIL wanted......Molly was laying on top of it :oops: She is a bit of a :evil: cat and she made a few swipes at FIL when he went for the hammer. He soon got his own back though....he turned on his power saw which was at the other end of the bench......i have never seen her flee faster :lol:

I added another coat of paint to the frame today :D Gin helped and has a green tail :roll: (I had only just washed Sundays paint off her bum!)

I am working tomorrow but FIL is popping in to make the door and add the guttering :D

I feel I can start posting to this thread now that I have my site cleared

Hen Run Site Cleared

although building will probably not start for a couple of weeks yet.

I ache! I have moved simply TONS of soil. I'm sure they'll GNR X 6 various be worth it in the end though!

It's to be a 20ft X 6 ft run, so technically room for 8 ahem!

Aoife

Only 3 sleeps to go :D:clap::dance: .

:dance: Bet you can`t wait! :D have you spoken to Tony recently? Has it been dispatched yet!?

I best get a move on with mine! It is all built except for the roof, the ladder for the cube needs attaching and need to sort downpipe and water butt! I will be slabbing it as I go. Got a path, stand for the cube and six or seven slabs down inside the run but there is a fair bit of digging out to be done yet!

Hopefully on Saturday we will both be posting pics of lovely new WIR`s! And i seem to remember Tasha has Thurs and Friday off to do some more work on hers so maybe there will be three of us!

Aiming for new girls arrival on Saturday afternoon. :D

Is the excitement the same as getting the eglu and chickens?? If so I expect I won't be sleeping much before the big day. :D

Definitely :D . And in some ways it's actually better because you're not nervous, just excited :D:D .

(Only 2 sleeps now :wink: )

I have heard from Tony and it's definitely coming Friday, just have to wait for an email from NightFreight to say am or pm.

Is the excitement the same as getting the eglu and chickens?? If so I expect I won't be sleeping much before the big day. :D

Definitely :D . And in some ways it's actually better because you're not nervous, just excited :D:D .

(Only 2 sleeps now :wink: )

I have heard from Tony and it's definitely coming Friday, just have to wait for an email from NightFreight to say am or pm.

Thats true - I was extremely nervous at first before I got the girls.

When will you be putting it together? :D