Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Gin and OSH helped today! :roll:

I was just thinking 'wow - that's quite risky when you're working with tools!' I often find a large G&T with ice and lemon helps me get through the ironing without feeling any pain.

Then I realised one of your chickens is called Gin ...

Good work Em, get the Deep Heat out! Could you not use the bits of run from under the cube to hang the glugs and grubs from in the new WIR?

I am glad we have become stickified however I can see a new thread coming on (like the Chicken Run Inspiration one) with a note from a mod that says - 'we have cut out all the chit chat and here are the actual WIR bits' :lol:

Redwing, great idea! It is just the skirt that will overhang the current slabs so I may have to get my wire cutters out! Chop the skirts off! Oh another tool to add to my repertoire! :D

Then I could still have the under cube run section to be used as sin bin or emergency sectioning off and the skirts can be used to hang feeders. Like your style!!!

I second Cookie.....this is not chit chat this is throwing ideas around and then.........moments of clarity and revelation! :D

Gin and OSH helped today! :roll:

I was just thinking 'wow - that's quite risky when you're working with tools!' I often find a large G&T with ice and lemon helps me get through the ironing without feeling any pain.

Then I realised one of your chickens is called Gin ...

I rewarded myself with a big glass or rose :D We had run out of Tonic for the G&T :roll:

Hallo all again! I am today going to hopefully FINISH my WIN - it's a lovely warm day, the kids are at school and I have a rare day off. I need to get mixing cement and laying the block pavers properly, and block the triangles where the roof meets the frame to stop Mr Fox coming. I've never done cement before, so I hope I do it right!

Palmer07 - any tips on cement? I love your pictures of beautifully laid paving slabs - it gives me hope that I might be able to do it too! Great holes too! (you couldn't say that everywhere could you??!! :shock: )

Olly - my run is about 3.5m x 1.8m, plus there is a thin strip behind the shed which they love scratching about in too which is a total of about 1.5 square metres - so about 7.5 square metres in total - lucky chooks! All I need now is to convince hubby that we NEED a couple more chickens!!! Also, I am not kidding here, I hadn't realized that I could open the window into the run! :doh: . I have garden chairs etc against the wall inside our shed but I am now going to move them and move the 'chicken feeding area' (on top of our summer beer fridge!) to that area so that I can utilise the window to throw their treats in. Thank you so much for the idea!!!

See, this thread isn't ramblings - it really is bouncing ideas off each other!

Kris

See, this thread isn't ramblings - it really is bouncing ideas off each other!

we never ramble........we just express every thought that comes into our head.....in the hope that one of them may be the answer :wink::lol:

Good luck with the run building today - I've bought all the slabs I need for the base but have upset my back moving them :roll::roll: so I'm having a day off WIR preparing and instead I'm paying attention to the house, paperwork and numerous other chores on my urgent 'to do' list :roll::D

I just purchase my WIR from ebay guy selling the panels for £11.25 already treated and in a nice colour they look very good quality I got 12 of these and he is making me a door for £19 to match full length with 2ft width door (within the 6ft x 3ft frame) and only £29 delivery for upto 15 panels so all in all £183 for 9ft [L] by 6ft[W] by 6ft [H] Dunno when it will be delivered.

I initally freaked out when i went to put it through and ebay had added £29 delivery per panel totalling £348 :shock: but he told me to put it through and he will send invoice with door added to it and correct carriage price altered to £29 phew

I am trusting him coz he has 100% other wise i would of went elsewhere

Now my only prob is where do i put it? I have a giant slabbed area already in place which is one of the patios so it could go there although blocking the livingroom window somewhat or i could leave it mid garden over the woodchips as originally planned.

Any advice on positioning?

I am planning to cover the top with a white heavy duty tarp to keep the rain off.

why dont you take some pictures of your garden and post them and we can see and picture it better. :)

Pictures not a problem posting them on other hand i have no idea how to on here, HELP?lol

See here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21972 for info on how to add pics to posts.

I use photobucket and find it really simple :D

Pics are def required in this thread :D

why dont you take some pictures of your garden and post them and we can see and picture it better. :)

Pictures not a problem posting them on other hand i have no idea how to on here, HELP?lol

See here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21972 for info on how to add pics to posts.

I use photobucket and find it really simple :D

Pics are def required in this thread :D

k testing to see if it works for me this is one of the areas but you can't see it well because of gazebo i will take some pictures tmrw. Thanks for the help

OurPicturesDisk6310.jpg

:clap: Yes well done!

Love the little tigers!

Will check back tomorrow for more pics.

lol It was for our indian wedding i had reception in back garden we had snakes and tigers hiding in trees and shrubs and posted at gazebo you cant see it but there is loads of saris draped inside gazebo but on other side lol the bucket was full of ice and water and booze and I the bride had to stick my arm in to get the neighours drinks coz yet again i picked a rubbish bridesmaid lol i don't know how many of you have worn 40 metal bangles on each arm but that + ice cold water = screams lmao

No need to call Tony - I just got an email from him :clap: . Delivery date (hopefully) Friday 20th March :dance::dance: . Yes, that's right, a week on Friday :D . I'm supposed to be on a course at work in the afternoon but s*d that - this is far more important :lol: .

And by the way, Tony does read this thread :anxious: . He said it makes very interesting reading :lol: . I've told him he's our hero :angel::lol: .

Hi Tony 7.gif:wink: