Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Wow moomins run is absolutely amazing!!! I should of married a joiner instead of a business man lol

I agree! My OH is a Financial Adviser......what use is that when it comes to chickens!? :wink:

He has made me a nice spreadsheet so I can work out how much they are costing but I deleted that as it is too scary!

At last I have my roof on the WIR, I have painted it, and I have levelled off the mud along the side and placed some block pavers where they are going to go. They still need cementing in, which is a job for Tuesday, weather permitting (I'm working tomorrow) and then it's all done!

I will return with better pics, but here's one hurriedly taken this evening in the dark! You can't see the roof very well, it's corrugated plastic and is sloped from the fence downwards. I intend to put some guttering along it at some point, but haven't worked out where the guttering will actually lead to yet! I also need to fill the triangular gap where the roof meets the panels just in case a cunning fox somehow finds his way into the little hole there - I'm thinking maybe a bit of chicken wire or something?

I've put a straw bale, hemcore and some branches in there for my three lucky chooks, but haven't yet given them any toys like hanging CD's etc. I hope you all like it!

P1010218-3.jpg

Kris

Edited by Guest

Looks great but the pic I can see is tiny........could we have a bigger one please as we need to inspect your run closely so we can steal your ideas :D:wink:

EDIT - thanks for the bigger pic, I love colour and a straw bale is a great ides :D

Edited by Guest

Wow moomins run is absolutely amazing!!! I should of married a joiner instead of a business man lol

I agree! My OH is a Financial Adviser......what use is that when it comes to chickens!? :wink:

He has made me a nice spreadsheet so I can work out how much they are costing but I deleted that as it is too scary!

My O/H is business valuer no help atall he won't have anything to do with my chicken project so i have been making my own spread sheets too lol My husband is terrified of chickens after an experience in pakistan as a child och well lol If he refuses to do as i ask i will set my chickies on him :lol:

I found a site with cut price aviary panels

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=93

they have slightly more expensive ones with larger wire holes but cheaper option than building one after i priced everything i would need it hit nearly £300 so better off buying one and bolting it together.

wow Kris that looks brilliant, a very good use of space - and I love the colour!

Does the window open into the run, so you can lob treats in without opening the door? :wink:

What size is your run? sorry you have probably already posted that somewhere above.

I think I'm looking at (roughly) 2.5 x 2 m for mine which doesn't seem much, but it will give them more than the current Cube + extension set-up.

I think I'm looking at (roughly) 2.5 x 2 m for mine

Me too :D . Did I mention I'm getting a WIR :whistle::think: ?

Can't say I recall you mentioning a WIR :wink:have you phoned Tony yet this morning :wink:

I've ordered a glass clear tarpaulin and some extra eyelets - well,

Where have you ordered the clear tarpaulin from.......is it online :?::?::?:

I've got to keep myself occupied somehow and ironing doesn't quite cut it :? .

I know what you mean :wink: .......I have a very long list of jobs, including a mountain of ironing, that I could be getting on with............. :roll::lol::lol:

Did I mention I'm getting a WIR :whistle::think: ?

Are you ...really...gosh you kept that quiet............ :lol::liar::whistle:

ironing doesn't quite cut it :? .

...now let me see :think: .........ironing :think: ....I'm sure I have a vague recollection of what that is......... :doh: I know what that is, it's what I have to do when we have a posh do to go to or the tumble dryer gets the shirts too dry & scrumpled :roll: and usually end up burning myself in the process :boohoo: !!!!

Sha x

:lol::lol::lol:

I bought the tarpaulin from Tarpaflex. I did a bit of research and found a few suppliers, but these were the cheapest (although there was an Ebay seller the same price). I've gone for the biggest size (2m x 4.6m) as I plan to cut it up to fit the various panels (hence the need for extra eyelets!)

I wonder if Tony's started yet :think: . I wish I knew how long he takes to make a run (mine is only tiny so he surely must only need a day or two :lol: ).

Blimey.......the not knowing MUST be killing you!

It would take ALL my will powere not to phone Tony and casually ask "when do you think run will be delivered?" make up an excuse like you are thinking about going away and didn`t want to miss the delivery :wink:

Thanks for the Tarp link :D :D Will have a good look later :D

I've been told 2nd week in April for my WIR - just after Easter. I would really like it the week before so I could build it Easter weekend as I don't have much time the following week to build it (or the space to store it for long ). I'll keep everything crossed :pray::pray:

Hmm, yes, I need an excuse to call him about something :think: . Can't really change the run so perhaps the "I'm going away" might work (we are actually going away for a few days in April but he doesn't need to know that!) Not sure if I really want to go away - I want to play with Wally :notalk::lol: .

Actually, we'd better be careful what we say :anxious: . He does check out these pages sometimes to see what we're saying about Aviaries4u :oops::lol: .

Actually, we'd better be careful what we say :anxious: . He does check out these pages sometimes to see what we're saying about Aviaries4u :oops::lol: .

In that case :shh:

and we best say that his runs ARE GREAT! Which they are! He is LOVELY, which he is :D

and please Tony can you let us know when ANH run will be delivered otherwise she will post on here every five mins! :roll: (little joke ANH :wink: )

Thanks for the Tarp link :D :D Will have a good look later :D

I've been told 2nd week in April for my WIR - just after Easter. I would really like it the week before so I could build it Easter weekend as I don't have much time the following week to build it (or the space to store it for long ). I'll keep everything crossed :pray::pray:

I'm really sorry but I'm having mine done in the first week in April :wink::lol:

Poor Tony must be exhausted by all of us Omleteers :D

Do we need to work out the waiting list?

ANH - March

Seagazer - 1st Week April

Hillfamily - 2nd week April

Janty - was it MAY?

Who else has one on order?

I am off outside to scoop out the water that has fell into my lovely fresh post holes that i dug on Saturday and give the WIR frame a second lick of paint.