Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

You lot :roll::lol::lol::lol: .

You're welcome to the spare bed (it's the bunk above YS :wink: ). First come, first served :wink: .

He'll be here tomorrow :whistle: . Sadly, so will OH :roll::lol: . If you need another reason to drool, we've already had a conversation about chickens eating seaweed when he lived on the West Coast :lol: . Oh, and he offered me a job when he saw my veg patch clearing skills :whistle::angel: .

Poet, I used Google Sketchup (it's free 8) ). Mostin's OH introduced me and I lost a week of my life as a result :oops: . I got to use my new skills at work this week though - I made a plan of the school grounds for the Eco Committee 8):clap: .

I may not be around much tomorrow - there's soooo much to be done in the garden :wink::wink::wink: .

Oooops, sorry I read that earlier & it slipped into the ether which is my memory.

Poor little thing, but if they get in the way of dangerous garden forks......and a woman on a mission :( Could have been worse, could have been a chook which got him :shock: (from reading other threads recently)

Sha x

dont tell ANH that!!!, she'll be over there saw glinting before you know it. :lol::lol:

I wish someone would visit with a saw ........ I'm feeling very tired today........will have to attack the girls area next week and prepare it for the arrival of their WIR :D :D :D

I have actually just gone out and attacked an evergreen in my garden.. poor thing.. but I needed some evergreen branches in the corners of my run to give the new girls a hidey hole space if they feel scared. Soi I have 3 corners withs everygreen branches in now.

They are going in all together tomorrow, we;ve had a week of being put in to sleep then hoiked out in morning, I am cutting the apron strings and they are waking up together tomorrow :)

No, I'm still here :lol::lol: .

We have a crisis with a stray dog that OH picked up in the woods while walking Riley :roll: . We know who the owner is (but not her name) and have called at her house and called her phone number but she's not home and there's no answer.

Phoned the police but they would only take him to the Cat & Dog Home which we don't want if she's not far away. Trouble is, it's dark now so she can't be looking for him now - so why isn't she home :? ? I know this dog does run off quite often (it's a Beagle) so it's not unusual. We don't really want to keep him overnight though (he stinks :vom: ) and it's not really fair on Riley.

Also, the batteries on my camera have died - I'll charge it up and post piccies later!

I wonder if she is away and he ascaped from someone looking after him? :? I hope you manage to get hold of her. :)

batteries died??? does anyone get the impression ANH has been taking LOTS of pictures of said hunky gardner? :lol::lol::lol::wink:

No pics of HG!!?? :shock::wink:

Try to get one from ALL angles :D:wink:

went to work :shock: I took the day off when my cat didn`t come home one night! (I had shut her in the shed :oops: )

On a WIR note my slabs and some of the wood got delivered today. They messed the order up so should get 2nd delivey tomorrow. :D

Really looking forward to it, Mostin :D . Although you'll have to come back in a few weeks for the WIR :( . Never mind, look at what you'll get to see ......

3330504937_9036a6acbd.jpg

3331339818_0080edf138.jpg

Should all be tidied up by Saturday :pray: . Those chickens aren't getting anywhere near that lawn though :shameonu: . (Poor things are living in the driveway at the moment :( .)

ANH what a BEAUTIFUL lawn! Definitely not the lawn of a chicken keeper!! I always think it's funny that everyone who posts a pic on here has 'evidence' of chicken keeping in the distinct lack of luscious lawn!

My WIR is all finished now with a roof and everything. I've been working the last two days but did get the girls moved in yesterday once the hemcore arrived. As soon as I started to put the hemcore in (I've never used it before) Doris went bonkers and kept laying on her back in it, dust bathing like crazy with her eyes shut - she was truly in chicken ecstasy! I even wondered if it was the cannabis effect from the hemp in it LOL! She was bonkers!

Anyway, I made a ladder from a strip of laminate flooring I found in the shed, and used my old wooden roosting bars to make rungs for them (laminate flooring is a bit slippery for their little claws!). If the weather is OK tomorrow I will try and paint the run and then get some pics on here. The wood is stained in a reddish colour though, so I don't know if it will pick up the lovely blue/green coloured woodstain I've got? Then it's a case of digging over the horrible compacted mud which used to be my lawn and raking it over in readiness for grass seeding again. I'm considering putting some kind of pavers or pebbles or something down near to the run in the heavy-use area of the grass where the kids will be in and out to see the chooks. Hmm, I will sleep on that idea I think.

Night night, and I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with pics of my finished run, roof and all!

Kris

Wow, that looks brilliant ANH. You'll be tiptoeing to the run with a chicken under each arm so their little feet never touch that grass, then!

Can't wait to see the run when it's up! I have still got to get round to ordering slabs and sand, maybe this weekend.

Thank you everyone :D . It's amazing what a difference a bit of nice grass makes to a garden, isn't it?

I let the girls out in the driveway this morning for a bit of a scratch around. Turned my back for a minute then looked out of the kitchen window to see a chicken on the grass :shock: . A shake of the mealworm jar averted the crisis and returned them from whence they came :lol: .

(Shame, she did look lovely on the fresh green grass :( .)

Off for a coffee now but will report back on HG progress this afternoon! (Although he has poorly little girls of 1 and 3 so may not be here :cry: . Makes you go :drool: more knowing that somehow :wink::lol: . That and the fact that he wants chickens but wife says no :roll: .)