Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

I know Vicki, I just can't wait now. We've cleaned the girls out today (1st time with the pressure washer :dance: ) what a difference that makes.

I've also changed their dust bath thing from a small trug to the bottom part of a plant propogator (not going to have the greenhouse so might as well recycle) the girls are in heaven. They haven't come out of it yet :D

I've just s"Ooops, word censored!"ed back the bark off the lawn and tried to find the brick edging around the lawn :roll: It looks a bit better.

We've broken up the rabbit hutch (worried that it might still carry the disease that AJ had) and cleared the space where my potato sacks and mini greenhouse will be.

I have no idea how I'm going to fit all the stuff from the greenhouse into the shed. I guess I'm just going to have to be ruthless. :D

Well back to the garden I guess to carry on the clean up, wish me luck :lol:

We've cleaned the girls out today (1st time with the pressure washer :dance: ) what a difference that makes.

I've just run the idea of getting a power washer past OH :D . He's gone straight to resignation as usual :twisted::wink: . What kind did you get (or have you always had it?) There was a whole thread about power washers a while back - I'll re-read that & hopefully get one this w/e :D .

We've only had the power washer a couple of weeks. The best thing is that OH loves it :D If anything stands still for long enough he washes it! He mainly bought it to wash his motorbike.

Its a Karcher and was either middle or top of the range. It got the poo off the cube and roosting bars with no effort. :D

He's just done half of the path and the bottom patio. I'm hoping once he's back from the dump that he'll do the rest of the path and the top patio :wink::D

Arrrrrrh my back!!! :cry:

Just been and collected 13 paving slabs and OUCH! I didn`t realise they were BIG ones.

They are now standing up against the garage.......waiting.

Just been to lunch with the inlaws and had another in depth chat about the WIR. FIL was planning it on a cheap as chips basis but I have told him as long as it is cheaper than the quote I got I will be happy. After a heated discussion re whether the weld mesh should run top to bottom (my wish) or left to right (FIL) I am almost tempted to go back to Tony and take up his quote.

I bet he has a long waiting list now though :roll:

Its a Karcher and was either middle or top of the range.

Argos have 2 Karchers in just now. K2.14 at £60 and K2.21 at £80. Do you mind me asking if it's one of them you have? I want to be able to clean all the slabs but worry that the cheaper one might not be up to the job :? .

Thanks!

Vicki

Vicki, ours is a K4.130, we got it from B & Q. That probably doesn't help at all :roll:

My grandad offered me some wire left over from making his run, its tennis court type wire so the holes are too big for the lower parts of the run but I am sure I can use it somewhere.

I borrowed a colleagues estate car for the weekend and filled it up with a load of slabs and loads of bags of compost (for my raised beds) there was absolutely no bounce in the suspension after that lot was loaded and the quarry chap persuaded me to get bags of sand from B&Q rather than him as he tutted over the car and examined its ground clearance from several angles, he looked a bit concerned as he waved me off :lol:

The slabs were a good buy £1 each though

I drove the 60 odd miles home VERY slowly indeed :lol: every roundabout needed to be planned for half a mile ahead and every pull away resulted in me taking five mins to get back up to 50. never again! (I still need more slabs though...)

edited for typos :oops:

Edited by Guest

Well i am itching to get started and FIL and OH seem only to be interested in watching the football, rugby and boxing this weekend :roll:

Cut some more tree down yesterday, walked some more slabs round the corner from FIL to my house in wheelbarrow with flat tire :shock:, had a rummage around in the rafters of the garage and found some more wood and some more offcuts of chicken wire. Also reclaimed two plastic storage tubs from OH golf obsession and will use for home made wormery :D

I am feeling very at one with nature and the world. I also helped an old man load his B&Q purchases into his car so feeling very zen like and warm and fuzzy :D