Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

[quote name="palmer07 Next door caught me jumping up and down inside my composter yesterday :D

I'm having hysterics ... we have those Dalek-type bins...what were you doing???

We have a dalek bin too. I was trying to push the contents down to get more stuff in. Hence the jumping :D Don`t we all do this :oops:

Edited by Guest

I'll be taking a chair in with me, or taking a newspaper in me to cover where I want to sit :lol: .

You could always "borrow" their newspaper from the poo tray :wink::lol: . Or not :vom::lol: .

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My in-laws are clearing their garage out at the moment. What this means in real life is that all their rubbish gets palmed off onto various family members instead of getting taken to the tip :lol: . I suppose it's their effort towards recycling :roll: .

One of the "gifts" coming our way is a home made garden bench. If it's good it will go on display in the garden. if it's a bit rickity then it will go in the WIR.

How do I tell the joiner I don't want his run :anxious: . I hate doing things like that. I know it's woosy (sp?) but I find it really hard to say no to people :?

Well, the evil deed is done :D . I phoned and got his answering machine :twisted::dance: . Left a rambling message about "changed circumstances" and "not needing a quote" and "sorry for wasting your time".

Then hid when the phone rang 5 minutes later :anxious: . I don't think it was him (it was a network number) :roll: .

This waiting is killing me :( . I'm hoping the gardener will start next week (he's a bit vague :? ) and Tony's promised to get the run to me asap :clap: .

In the meantime, I'm playing with Google Sketchup :D .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:!: ATTENTION :!:

Did you know that if you recommend a friend to get an eglu/cube you can get £20 commission to spend in the Omlet shop? I'm planning on buying a few Omlet netting poles to go with the netting Redwing's kindly swopping for some mealworms :D .

[quote name="palmer07 Next door caught me jumping up and down inside my composter yesterday :D

I'm having hysterics ... we have those Dalek-type bins...what were you doing???

We have a dalek bin too. I was trying to push the contents down to get more stuff in. Hence the jumping :D Don`t we all do this :oops:

My OH does that too - you are not alone! :D

but how do you get in - the sides are about 4 foot high and the top is only about 2 foot diameter, not much room for manoeuvre (I can't really believe I'm asking this question..... :shock: but on the other hand this is really intriguing me!!)

:D Can`t believe I am going to answer this question :D

I stood on an up turned bucket and just climbed in. I am a skinny minny (hate it cos my jeans fall down :roll: ) so the hole in the top is ok for me. The composter dance consists of stamping, jumping and turning in circles :D

Edited by Guest

now if I did that it would wedge around my waist and I would resemble a toilet roll dolly (my nan used to have one) or a lady in a full skirt for those who dont know wht toilet roll dolly's are.

:D made me smile after a rubbish day at work. My nan gave me a garish pink toilet roll dolly when i moved into my first flat. She didn`t go with anything at ALL but she stood price of place on the window sill as she was so TACKY she just seemed to fit. :D

well its the weekend - hope you don't have to work tomorrow :)

Thanks for the explanation :D it makes perfect sense, but don't you get all filthy and smelly? Thinking about whats in my bins.... the chicken poo is the least of it! Mouldy fruit and veg mostly, the occasional dollop of horse or cow muck, unknown vile squishy dead things from the plant kingdom.....if there was a shuddder smiley I'd be using it!

No work tomorrow :dance: I swapped shifts :D Tomorow is dedicated to WIR preperation. Got to move Henry (green eglu), get rid of the old Aubiose, give Henry a good scub and then prepair the ground ready for slabs.

I was wearing wellies are really old jeans at the time of compost dance. However I don`t mind a bit of muck! I have been chest deep in cow poo before so a bit of rotten apple doesn`t really register.

have been chest deep in cow poo before so a bit of rotten apple doesn`t really register

ok, I'm not going to ask how that one happened :D When my OH was about 4 he apparently once ran up a hill and disappeared up to his chest...it was a muck heap :lol: Ever since then he doesn't 'do' smells....translated that means he doesn't do bathrooms, bins, cat litter trays.....

Back to the serious stuff, good luck with your WIR, I am very envious of everybody's collective abilities here. OH and I are useless, but luckily I have a handyman neighbour if we decide to go for something a bit more permanent, which is why I am looking forward to seeing all the end results!

:D I definitely couldn't (and wouldn't!) get into my compost bin ... I love the idea of the toilet-roll dolly! This thread has got seriously derailed so I am going to bring it back on track *wrenches at steering wheel* ...

DECISION MADE! I had this afternoon off work, and as my friend was coming round to saw 8' off the top of my yew tree (where were you ANH? We needed another saw!) I took the opportunity to ask for advice on the walk-in run plan.

My problem has been that I want the Cube behind the walk-in run, not in front of it, but this means that once the run is in place I won't be able to move the Cube again. She helpfully pointed out that I can barely move it anyway from its present position and as long as I can get the hosepipe up to it, why would I need to move it! :doh: Amazing how someone who hasn't spent hours thinking about it can just see straight to the answer!

All I need to do now is decide the other things - guttering, no guttering; perch, extra hatches, shelf, door inwards or outwards .... it may still be some weeks before I can get the order in!

:shock: I've just ordered the run :dance: I'm so excited. I'm a bit shocked as well actually as it is a lot of money but I know it will be worth it in the end. OH was moaning that all he got for his birthday was £100 panniers for his motorbike! :wink::lol:

The difference that it will make to the garden though will be immense as it is awful out there now but the main change will be for the girls. I feel so cruel at the moment that they are only out for a short time and are then stuck in the run. But with daily visits from our lovely fox thats all I can do.

Just waiting to hear back about the date. When I originally contacted Tony he said first week in April. That might be pushed back by now.