Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

And the prize goes to ...

COOKIEMONSTER :dance::clap::dance::clap:

The glug was really tricky and I just couldn't face making the grub :oops::lol: .

Ahem, Plum :shameonu: . I certainly did not forget the roof :shameonu: . It's mesh with an opaque roof, I'll have you know :lol: .

Redwing, I think you're looking at the eglu's rear end :lol: . The front is blue and grey :wink: .

And Cookiemonster, that little blue thing is the icon for the rotate function :roll::lol: .

There was a chicken on Googlesketch but it wasn't up to my exacting standards :whistle::lol: . The bench wasn't mine either, it was downloaded :wink: .

Well, that was a good use of a Monday evening, wasn't it :lol::lol: ?

Tony is building ours 6.51 mtrs x 4.65 mtrs (21ft x 15ft) with a solid, mineral felted apexed roof, guttering, downpipes, double patio doors and a large free ranging port and he is delivering and building it for us in May half term for £1,235.

I have just realised with ever such a slight sense of depression that Janty's run is going to be bigger than the ground floor of my house :(:D

Loved your diagrams etc ANH - brilliant! I didn't spot the deliberate mistake I'm afraid.

Well, I've had a very busy day and ALMOST am the proud owner of a walk in run! I spent the afternoon making a table for the eglu to go on using a 90 x 90 cm decking square from B&Q (£14.98) and some fence posts. It wasn't as simple as I'd thought and I had to strengthen the legs from wobbling all over the place using other bits of wood I had in the shed. It's lovely now though. I managed to get a straw bale locally for £2.50 and put a few branches I was going to take to the tip in. I've ordered a bag of hemcore which arrives tomorrow. Then, just after the school run the lovely chap from Happy Hutch arrived with my panels which are beautiful! I propped them up to check they fitted and when hubby got home we set about screwing them together. It only took about an hour and we almost have a walk in run! Whilst I was feeding the kids he added some battons on the top which will support the corrugated plastic roofing .

You see what you lot have done to me! One minute I am off work with a whiplash injury, the next I am reading this thread about walk-in runs, and within days I have made one! Anyway, as promised, here are some progress pictures so far (if it works....):

This is how my Eglu and attached run looked before, with the kids' playhouse in the corner to the right:

P4050153-1.jpg

This is how it looked once I'd moved the Eglu and playhouse:

P1010121-1-1.jpg

This is with the bamboo edging (to stop chooks kicking hemcore everywhere!) and decking planks laid out for measuring:

P1010124.jpg

Clever old me - cutting those beautiful mitres!

P1010134.jpg

The panels are up!!!!

P1010149.jpg

Shall I leave them in there?...........

P1010155.jpg

Roof battens which will hold the corrugated roof up. Notice also that I've put the door on with the large panel at the botom as we're going to step over the bamboo edging to get in/out anyway:

P1010156.jpg

Present from the chooks - our first ever 3-egg day when they have all done us an egg. Clever girls!!

P1010141.jpg

Unless this hasn't worked, I hope you like the pictures. I am really happy with the panels and can't believe how reasonably priced it has all been. The whole lot, including wood for the table, straw bale, hemcore as well as the panels and roofing has been £200.

I'll no doubt be back tomorrow when I've put the roof on and moved the chooks in!

Kris

LOL! I am a bit like that I'm afraid. You remember those decorating programmes where they decorate a room in an hour, or something ridiculous - hmm, right up my alley that idea! It once took me two years to tile a very small bathroom and it stressed me out so much that I decided to never dither again. I've kind of gone the opposite way though and will not rest until it is done! I'm still trying to decide whether to paint it or not. I have a tiny (tester) tin of Cuprinol in a lovely pale blue/green shade but I don't know what it will look like as the wood has been dipped in a reddish colour. hmm, decisions decisions.....

I took a pic (with permission) of my grandad's big new run (no roof)

S6004614-1.jpg

And his three lovely girls :D They don't have names, my grandad is just not that sort of chap but he does chit-chat to them and throw them garden clippings

S6004616-1.jpg

I actually drove home from work faster for this! Well done Cookie - I wouldn't have spotted that if I looked all evening :clap:

wooohoooo :dance: what did I win? :lol: :lol: ;)

edited to say trust me to not know the little thing I was looking at was a rotation feature.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pinkybijou - your run looks fab :clap: , well done. no wonder your girls rewarded you with a three egg day :D .

Redwing - love your Grandads run too, own up though, I bet you have named his chooks yourself haven't you, and his eglu too :lol: .

Redwing - love your Grandads run too, own up though, I bet you have named his chooks yourself haven't you, and his eglu too :lol: .

I haven't named them however my grandad says that they do have various sets of names that the great grandkids have given them :lol:

Yay :dance: . My gardener's coming tomorrow :D . The garden's full of concrete slabs and mixers and stuff :D . (And I've got a day off in lieu for going to school camp in Jan :clap: .)

:D Yay! Step by step pics remember! Will they be needing a saw? :wink:

Yay :dance: . My gardener's coming tomorrow :D . The garden's full of concrete slabs and mixers and stuff :D . (And I've got a day off in lieu for going to school camp in Jan :clap: .)

:D Yay! Step by step pics remember! Will they be needing a saw? :wink:

I cut down a tree at the weekend and thought of ANH! If she wields that saw again I am going to drive up and take it off of her :lol:

The brickie's building a little wall as we speak and I spent 2 hours clearing and digging the patch we're going to use for a veg patch :D . It was totally backbreaking - I dug out a massive pile of rubble and a huge pile of weeds/roots/vegetation.

I was going to get the gardener to use his rotivator but once I got started it was quite fun 8) . Haven't done the whole area yet but enough to build a couple of raised beds.

Sadly, there was a fatality though :cry: . I brought my fork up and there was a froggie skewered on the end :cry: . I assumed it was already dead when I speared it but later I saw another one (live) so I think I've killed its partner :cry: .

:shock: OH NO.......I always figured you would get someone with your saw! Not some unsuspecting froggie :cry: I am sure the other one will be fine.

Sounds like all is going well.

I just ordered my wood and slabs and got a great deal as one of OH clients works at the builders yard so got discount and free delivery :D OH does have his uses :D

I am off outside in the sunshine to move the (green eglu) and contemplate laying slabs :think: So I dig a bit of soil out, level sand and then lay them?

Oooo I can use my new spirit level :D