Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

WOW ANH! It looks great!

Love that he left you the spare turf for the girls. And what is this that HG wife won`t let him have chooks!? :shock: I thought it was meant to be the other way round.

Remember the chooks are going to pull all their cutest faces out of the bag to try and get you to let them out onto the grass! Be strong! Well at least until it has time to root.

I wish my garden looked like that! OH has just reported that 2nd wood delivery has arrived so with that, the slabs piled up, the cube standing in the middle of the lawn, the eglu moved to the other side of the garden and the WIR area being dug up as we speak I have a building site!

Its all getting so exciting isn't it. I'm going to start on the greenhouse next week and take photos to remember how it all was.

I'm not sure if something has happened to our fox as I haven't seen him for about a week and there was an animal samaritan van parked outside my neighbour's house across the road. She loved the fox, so perhaps his gammy leg has caused him problems. I know I shouldn't care but I wouldn't like to think of him injured.

I'll still not let my defences down of the girls though. They are only getting out for a little bit every day now. Roll on 1st week of April :D

I'm all excited again now. Tony e-mailed me photos of a run he built today that is similar to ours but half the depth.

Tonysrun.jpg

Tonysrun2.jpg

It looks great. trouble is...it's got me thinking about the whole concrete base issue.

:think:

mine still scratch around, they have plenty of aubiose in there. It would be different if you were letting them stand directly on cemet, but with the aubiose in a thick layer I dont feel it makes much difference to them, mine flick the auibiose around finding grit and meal worms and sweetcorn if they are having treats.. they love it..

Wow, Janty, that run is huge :shock::D . I was speaking to Tony today and he said he was on his way home from building a run - must've been that one :lol: . (He's being so obliging - my garden level has been raised so that the run is too high for the garage fascia but he's sorting it out by sending extra timber to fit into the gap so it still fits 8) .)

I just want to give them enough room so that when they are in their throughout the week they have enough room. I feel guilt pangs all day when I have to leave them in the cube runs.

:roll:

I want to achieve a balance between having a nice garden and keeping the girls content.

The run will sit across the width of the garden, leaving a path down the side for getting the cubes in and out. The path will also serve as a way through to the polytunnel and fruit cage, etc.

Wow that's going to be a big run Janty :D :D :D

I'm getting all excited about my WIR :D:D .......can't wait for it arrive.......just got to find things to do to make the time pass quickly :wink::lol::lol:

You try waiting until May.

:(

Wow that's going to be a big run Janty :D :D :D

I'm getting all excited about my WIR :D:D .......can't wait for it arrive.......just got to find things to do to make the time pass quickly :wink::lol::lol:

You try waiting until May.

:(

It'll be worth the wait Janty :D:D .......although there's no way I could wait that long :lol: ........ i'm not very good at waiting when I've ordered something :roll: