Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Well the frame is being screwed together as we speak and all being well (no rain) the posts should be cemented in today :D

Chooks are not very happy about being confined to the (green eglu) run for the day but at least i can keep an eye on Gin and her constant comings and goings to the nest box. No eggs yet but I reckon it will be soon! :D

Well the frame is being screwed together as we speak and all being well (no rain) the posts should be cemented in today :D

Chooks are not very happy about being confined to the (green eglu) run for the day but at least i can keep an eye on Gin and her constant comings and goings to the nest box. No eggs yet but I reckon it will be soon! :D

I think we are all just as excited for you :lol: Don't forget the pics when it's done :D

Mines is getting despatched mid next week which i take to be wednesday so i pressume it won't arrive til the following monday or tuesday so 23rd or 24th march for mine.

Shouldn't take too long to put together my brother is really handy you should see his house it's amazing makes me never wanna go back to mine lol He has decided to leave that ugly pole in and attach the run on it for extra stability which is great idea but if it is so close to fence how do i attach my tarpaulin lol

3 weeks til chickens though the excitement is killing me lol

Well the rain has come :( so work has ceased!

This is where we are at present:

Picture007.jpg

The frame is built and it is standing in the holes. :D Need to paint the frame and the fence now.

BEWARE NEXT PIC FEATURES MEN AT WORK!!!!!! I know you are hoping for a Diet Coke advert type Men at work pic but............

Picture001.jpg

:D PHHHOOOOWWAAAARRRRRR! :wink: FIL and OH concentrating :D Love them!!!

Well the rain has come :( so work has ceased!

This is where we are at present:

Picture007.jpg

The frame is built and it is standing in the holes. :D Need to paint the frame and the fence now.

BEWARE NEXT PIC FEATURES MEN AT WORK!!!!!! I know you are hoping for a Diet Coke advert type Men at work pic but............

Picture001.jpg

:D PHHHOOOOWWAAAARRRRRR! :wink: FIL and OH concentrating :D Love them!!!

Typical rain huh looking good so far, Hopefully the rain will stop and they can get back to work you should get that diet coke tune and play it while they are working lol guid for a laugh if anything. Good luck with run x

speaking of diet coke men lol i was talking to two neighbours one day and a workman started taking off his overall s he had clothes undernetah but he took them off to put in his car and i struck up with I dont want you ....... man we couldnt stop laughing for ages he was wasnt very diet coke man either i had to turn the other direction for a while visual confirmation of him still there set me off every time lmao

That's looking good 8):clap: . You're lucky you've got a couple of lackeys to do your bidding :lol: . I'll be on my own :roll: (unless I can get ES interested!)

I have found that offering a bit of extra pocket money, homemade cake and a takeaway pizza for tea have increased the offers of help :wink::lol::lol:

That's looking good 8):clap: . You're lucky you've got a couple of lackeys to do your bidding :lol: . I'll be on my own :roll: (unless I can get ES interested!)

I have found that offering a bit of extra pocket money, homemade cake and a takeaway pizza for tea have increased the offers of help :wink::lol::lol:

My kids get takeaway that often the offer of a home cooked meal more likely to swing it lol

Hesitate to mention it (I may have been going on about my WIR and HG a bit recently :oops: ) but HG has been back and fitted a lovely garden tap and sledgehammered through the base of our weird sandpit/flowerbed thingy.

Our relationship is over - he's been paid :cry: .

Never mind, my WIR is coming on Friday - did I mention that :D ?

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

(I've been out and had a wee drinkie - can you tell?)

Hesitate to mention it (I may have been going on about my WIR and HG a bit recently :oops: ) but HG has been back and fitted a lovely garden tap and sledgehammered through the base of our weird sandpit/flowerbed thingy.

Our relationship is over - he's been paid :cry: .

Never mind, my WIR is coming on Friday - did I mention that :D ?

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

No - not at all :wink::lol:

Will you be sleeping at all between now and Friday? :lol:

I don't have to offer all 3 do I :shock: ? I was hoping to get some more gardening out of him later so may keep the pizza back :twisted::lol: .

Well it's more that the money is the incentive to help (as DS is a very poor student at the mo :( ), the cake is really for me, to sustain me through the day :wink: and takeaway pizza is a treat for all as there is no way I'm cooking after building a run all day :roll::lol:

not at all :wink::lol::lol: shame it was time to say goodbye to HG :(:(

It's a bit like waiting for Santa to visit :wink::roll::lol:

It's a bit like waiting for Santa to visit :wink::roll::lol:

If I do sleep, I'll be dreaming of WIRs :lol: . (I did actually have a really weird dream about Maisie the other night :shock: . First time one of my girls has actually featured in a dream :lol: .)

I reckon it's much better than waiting for Santa - I know exactly what I'm getting and I know I really really want it :D:clap: .

:D Well I'm sort of starting to get somewhere ... went to Focus and bought eight slabs, this was all I could manage to get on the trolley together with two bags of builders sand. Got them home, carried them carefully from the car one by one, and then promptly dropped two and broke them ... :roll: Never mind, I'll need to go back anyway.

Then I cleared some of the old veg patch (with help from my hens) and lifted the Link-a-bord up. I'm delighted to say that it came apart and reassembled perfectly even though it's two years since I installed it there. I'm going to order a few more bits and make 2 x 1m beds in a new place for the veggies.

And then I got distracted and started clipping the yew tree and digging out evil ash saplings and cutting back bramble ... never mind, it's a start. The site is clear (ish) and maybe next time I can look at digging out some space for the slabs.

Cake, pizza or anything would be lovely, have only just stopped for lunch and the fridge is nearly empty!

I have made a start!

This morning 10am

S6004627-1.jpg

This afternoon 2:30pm

S6004629-1-1.jpg

For someone who has been raking all morning I feel decidedly un zen-like :lol:

I am having a well deserved raspberry jelly and squirty cream (heavy on the squirty cream :D )

Now to barrow in the 25 bags of sand that I collected from B&Q in my little hatchback at 7am this morning (one of the bags on the passenger seat has split - its like being at the seaside in my car at the moment - I had sand in my bacon sandwich!)

I've made a start on the base - laid 18 slabs :D those were the easy ones as they go behind where the cube currently sits :D :D

Tomorrow is an early start - dismantle cube run, clear out aubiose, lift slabs that are curently under cube run, move cube over, re-lay slabs and add extra 15 slabs to finish the base of new WIR, reassemble cube run (WIR doesn't arrive until 7th April and there is nowhere else for the cube to go), put in fresh aubiose, lay down in an exhausted heap and hope someone brings me a nice cuppa :wink::D:D

I've moved out some of the pots that were in the girls area (as they were trying to eat the new spring shoots) and moved in some shrubs that they can't eat :D and lifted half of the old woodchip ready for a fresh top layer when the the WIR is in place :D :D I think it's going to look good when it's done :D :D