Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

I am just waiting on reply to the enquiry of when will my WIR be despatched funny i have asked it twice now and still no reply to it not panicking yet, much! lol already paid for it and he nicely changed my order so now i have 9 panels a door and 3 roof panels who knew roof panels where bigger lol well i do now thank god i found out before it was sent out that could of been a nightmare. My brother is a plumber formerly a joiner so prob could of asked him to fix it hoping to catch him at some point to help with WIR but he is always on call :(

Hope he gets back to you soon :anxious::pray: . Nothing worse than having to wait for an Ebay response :( .

In my usual blabbering style I have sent about 20 questions and he has answered many questions i think he must only get on at a certain time every day coz he usually sends replies around 4.15pm lol Well maybe I will find out tmrw late afternoon :lol:

He tends to reply to every question but when it will be despatched.

Oh man found out great news today :D The kids break up from school for holiday on friday 3rd april and we pick up our chickens on the saturday which means we have 16 days to spend with the chicks getting to know them :D before they go back to school on the 20th woohoo I will prob spend alot of time in my jammas in the back garden :lol:

I am sooooo excited it is really making me feel sick haven't been this excited about anything since i was a child man what a sad life i lead lol

I think all the WIR are all slightly different and i love looking at them all...I think my OH has cottoned onto the fact that some big (cube green) is on its way...he hasnt noticed the four big holes I dug for posts in the garden today! 8)

please keep posting as i keep changing my ideas for my run one day it will b my turn to put some pics on ...seems like a long way off delivery date :wink: indie

:lol: :lol: :oops:

Vanessa, I take it Tony's quote was better than your joiner's? If your OH was happy to go with the joiner, surely he can be persuaded that Tony is a better deal now :twisted::wink: .

It was about £200 cheaper!! OH is claiming now he can built one himself :roll::roll:

Eeeeek we just had a quote from a local joiner - £ 785.00 for an 12"x 6"x 6" WIR

Stuff that for a carry on :shock: If it is just a case of putting panels together it shouldn't be too difficult i will be screwing mine together myself.

Screw them together into sides ie: 3 panels for side or end etc...

then get someone to hold it up to join the sides together after you get one on it basically balances itself anyway just make sure you do it on flat surface. DODDLE lol (Did I sound reassuringly confident :o ) :lol:

hardest part I envisage is the roof being of dwarf status :lol:

Duh I thought you meant for putting it together lol

However that is alot of money for a run I bought mine for well under £200 including delivery EBAY would be slightly more for more panels to make up the size you want but shouldn't be as much as £700 odd

Working it out it's approx £220 for that size

Edited by Guest

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/carlhill71 He also makes doors to size we ordered a full size door 2ft wide but you can request any size

Thank you - just found him.

If you want to pay one delivery fee contact him directly and tell him what you want and ask him to send you invoice and he will amend it otherwise youpay several deliveries and ebay will add per panel and not what stated also he has roof panels which are slightly larger at 6ft 3" to cover top and he hasn't posted them again you need to ask.

lovely site Ali and you have heaps of room - why not keep the bark chippings for the runs!

I use chippings and its great and also you can use it to mulch your garden and it breaks down lovely.

:lol::lol: The pile of chippings is about 20ft long, 6ft wide and about 3ft deep. We are going to keep some of them and level the ground a bit. The chippings have been there since September and in places we have found small holes :shock: I want to make sure we haven't got squaters before I let the Chickens live there.

The ground clearance is underway. Andy has made three trips to the recycling tip already this morning. I have to stay in and wait for a delivery of 2 tonnes of gravel for the driveway which should have been delivered at 8.30 am :evil:

The ground clearing is taking too long, I want my WIR now.

lovely site Ali and you have heaps of room - why not keep the bark chippings for the runs!

I use chippings and its great and also you can use it to mulch your garden and it breaks down lovely.

:lol::lol: The pile of chippings is about 20ft long, 6ft wide and about 3ft deep. We are going to keep some of them and level the ground a bit. The chippings have been there since September and in places we have found small holes :shock: I want to make sure we haven't got squaters before I let the Chickens live there.

The ground clearance is underway. Andy has made three trips to the recycling tip already this morning. I have to stay in and wait for a delivery of 2 tonnes of gravel for the driveway which should have been delivered at 8.30 am :evil:

The ground clearing is taking too long, I want my WIR now.

I know exactly how you feel! I have all the supplies for my WIR but I am reliant on OH and FIL to do the heavy lifting and manly things! I have learnt to lay paving slabs though :D

That IS a big pile of woodchip! I bet Omleteers that use it for their runs would que up for it! :D

How do you find cleaning it out?

Do the girls still enjoy scratching about as much if they haven't got soil?

Evening folks. :) I keep dipping into this thread now as a WIR is definitely on my to do list. Just got to get it onto DH's to do list! A couple of questions

Re Janty's question here. If you are having a large enough run could it be made with half concrete slabs and half soil-based? Best of both worlds?

What are the advantages of a concrete base?

Thanks

Terri