Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Looking good Tasha and Vanessa :D And Hillfamily....sounds like you have been busy too!

I am hoping to get up mega early and paint my WIR frame before the cementing continues at 9am.

Been to B&Q this evening and got my guttering and waterbutt :D Was meant to buy it earlier today but Cookie Monster MADE me go to her house, eat homemade hob k"Ooops, word censored!"s and BUY two new chickens :D:wink:

Been to B&Q this evening and got my guttering and waterbutt :D Was meant to buy it earlier today but Cookie Monster MADE me go to her house, eat homemade hob k"Ooops, word censored!"s and BUY two new chickens :D:wink:

You haven't told us yet what chickens you got? And where are they at the minute?

You haven't told us yet what chickens you got? And where are they at the minute?

I have reserved a Blubelle and an Amber Star :D They will stay with the LOVELY farmer until WIR is built and Orps move into the Cube. Hopefully next weekend :pray:

Cookie and I are currently trying to think of alcohol related names for them :D

Cookie has beaten you to Babysham :D

I like Shirley - as in a Shirley Temple

or Fizz as in a Gin Fizz

The Amber is cream with no brown so I thought Cloud (there is a cocktail called Amber Cloud) or maybe Snowball.

I am determined that I will get as much WIR done tomorrow as poss so I have set the alarm for 6.30am (on a SUNDAY :shock: )

LOL 6.30am??? blimey your keen! LOLOLOL

what names have you decided on then??? :D

I didn`t say I was getting up at 6.30 just that my alarm is set :D Will have a cuppa and maybe boiled Gin Egg and soldiers too before I venture out into the garden. :D

I think Snowball for the Amber and Fizz for the Bluebelle. :think: This is more difficult than choosing which breed!!!!! Glad I went for the two i did and thankyou for helping me and staying strong :D

GUTTERING QUESTION.......

If I have to join two pieces of guttering is there a special clip?

I have purchased:

2 x guttering

1 x down pipe

1 x hopper

2 x end pieces

6 x fascia brackets

Just realised the 2 bits of gettering will need to be joined :shock:

GUTTERING QUESTION.......

If I have to join two pieces of guttering is there a special clip?

I have purchased:

2 x guttering

1 x down pipe

1 x hopper

2 x end pieces

6 x fascia brackets

Just realised the 2 bits of gettering will need to be joined :shock:

hubby said you can get a legth of guttering to fit your run in one go, but if you want to join two pieces together yes you will need a joining bracket. :?

Thanks Mr CM :D

B&Q only sell it in 2m lengths so had to buy two. :roll: Had 10% off voucer so thought I should use it.

Back to B&Q tomorrow for the joiner clip then. Good job it is only round the corner.

Oh and tell your lovley and v talented OH that the reason I needed mini guttering is cos FIL said so and he is a man so apparently always right :wink: I called him and checked when I got home

LOL I will tell him. He did say that was the reason.. LOL

I have to admit I love my guttering... silly thing to say, but it helps so much! :D

edited to say he's arguing in my ear now about you not needing mini guttering... *rolls eyes* he's sure you only need standard type. He's not building it though so I will tell him to shuddup! LOL

Yay.......base is laid :D :D :D with help of course of 8 chooks :wink::roll::lol: I suppose I should be grateful it wasn't all 12 but the ex-batts are still living separately and Babs (my very first chook who is now 4 1/2 years old ) is in sick bay at the mo :(:(

I started at 7.45 this morning, dismantled cube run, cleared aubiose, lifted existing slabs, relaid slabs, laid extra 15 slabs - bringing the total to 50 slabs :shock: , jetwashed cube until sparkling :D:D , reassembled cube and run at speed as Fifi was desperate to lay an egg and just couldn't wait any longer :roll: cleaned feeders and emptied an entire bale of hemcore into the run :D :D :D

I can now really appreciate, looking at the size of the base, how big their new WIR is going to be :D :D :D It will give the girls so much more room when I'm not at home and they can't freerange :D :D

I'll order some new woodchip in the morning for the area around WIR and collect 2 bales of aubiose and a bale of straw later this week so that I have everthing ready for when the WIR run arrives :D :D

Getting all eggcited now........I just want my WIR to arrive as it's the last big job in the garden and I'll also be able to move the new ex batt girls in and reclaim my patio (spare eglu is on the patio and it's making a bit of an assault course of the garden at the mo :wink: )

Well done :clap::clap: . You don't hang around, do you :lol: . Can we see some piccies :D:pray: .

my camera has died :( I went to take some photos but it just won't work :? When I'm not quite so shattered I'll have a tinker with it - think it's the rechargeable power pack that's having a sulk :roll::roll:

Well done Hillfamily :clap:

The base of my run is also down and completed in the most haphazard slab laying I have ever seen - I am very proud of my work, they say it should slope to let the water drain.....well its certainly sloping - that I can confirm :wink::lol:

There is no way on this green earth I am taking a picture of it so the next one you see will be some panels artfully placed to cover the worst bits! I have Thurs and Fri off so its full steam ahead with the frame then :dance:

The base of my run is also down and completed in the most haphazard slab laying I have ever seen - I am very proud of my work, they say it should slope to let the water drain.....well its certainly sloping - that I can confirm :wink::lol:

There is no way on this green earth I am taking a picture of it so the next one you see will be some panels artfully placed to cover the worst bits! I have Thurs and Fri off so its full steam ahead with the frame then :dance:

Come on Tasha.... let us see your handywork! I am sure they are great.

Looks like everyone has been busy today with their WIR prep.

I was in the garden early this morning :D I have painted my run frame and laid some more slabs.

OH and FIL did the framing for the cube and added the final roof joists :D

Just the door, roof and mesh and then the Chooks can move in ! and Newbies can be collected and move into the (green eglu):D

Come on Tasha.... let us see your handywork! I am sure they are great.

Lets just say I bought two sets of slabs that werent the same size. nuff said :shh:

You have done well - you WILL beat me and ANH to it :(

I have just been on to Tony from A4U and got a quote for my WIR very excited :D

Oh has got fed up of the chickens destroying the brand new lawn :)

There is too much to think about with the run and I think I might be overcomplicating matters with ideas of doors and guttering and roofs.

I am just going to order a standard run and add to it as need be.

I think I will go for a slab base with woodchip they seem to like the woodchip in their run to dig around in.

By the way if anyone is planning on ringing Tony it is his birthday today I think I interuppted him on a day out with his family whoops