Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Is the excitement the same as getting the eglu and chickens?? If so I expect I won't be sleeping much before the big day. :D

Definitely :D . And in some ways it's actually better because you're not nervous, just excited :D:D .

(Only 2 sleeps now :wink: )

I have heard from Tony and it's definitely coming Friday, just have to wait for an email from NightFreight to say am or pm.

Ooo are you hoping for AM so you can spend the afternoon building it! :D

I have just laid another ten slabs inside my WIR :D Shattered!

Is the excitement the same as getting the eglu and chickens?? If so I expect I won't be sleeping much before the big day. :D

Definitely :D . And in some ways it's actually better because you're not nervous, just excited :D:D .

(Only 2 sleeps now :wink: )

I have heard from Tony and it's definitely coming Friday, just have to wait for an email from NightFreight to say am or pm.

Thats true - I was extremely nervous at first before I got the girls.

When will you be putting it together? :D

I am extremely nervous about getting my girls too I keep getting told it's a doddle and they practically look after themselves but I think the more nervous you are the better an owner you are means you are taking the responsibility seriously

you'll have muscles like Arnie soon you carry on like that! LOL

:D I WILL BE BACK..... I said as i left the walk in run today. :D

Those ten slabs were the normal size ones, tomorrow I have got more of the BIG HEAVY ones to contend with. OR......maybe the chooks would like some bare earth to scratch in :oops:

I'll be desperate to build it myself but suspect I'll have to wait for the boys to come home from school and help me :(:( .

I can spend the time jetwashing the eglu so it's lovely and clean for its new home :) .

impatience is one of my virtues lol i would be desperate to do it myself too

I still haven't figured out how to use my power washer :? lol

I still haven't figured out how to use my power washer :? lol[/color]

I got all upset thinking I'd broken my brand new power washer but I'd failed to notice you have to squeeze the handle nozzle thingy for it to actually work (the motor doesn't come on till you do that!)

So persevere, you'll get there!

One sleep to go :clap::clap::clap::wink:

I still haven't figured out how to use my power washer :? lol[/color]

I got all upset thinking I'd broken my brand new power washer but I'd failed to notice you have to squeeze the handle nozzle thingy for it to actually work (the motor doesn't come on till you do that!)

So persevere, you'll get there!

One sleep to go :clap::clap::clap::wink:

Mine is actually still in the box lol got as far as opening it and looking in :lol:

Randompowerwasher.jpg

I have taken today off to build my run.

I am currently outside building my run and not inside eating kitkats. Honest. :whistle:

Got your laptop outside with you then? :wink: You deserve as many kit kats as you like after laying those slabs.

Still waiting for pics! :wink:

Well I've actually moved everything that needs to be in the shed to the shed and have just got to get rid of the stuff for the dump in the greenhouse. I think I might wait for the weekend and then YS can give me a hand as it'll be so much quicker.

Hubby off at the moment but not well so he's no help at all. I'm quite amazed that I managed to get it all into the shed. Then we have to take the greenhouse down (hopefully OH will fill better by weekend) and can sort the base out. Needs a good powerwashing down.

Its a bit of a mish mash. There is a concrete base which the greenhouse sits on, then the slabs where the cube/run is at the moment and to the side is pea shingle. Hubby wants to get rid of the shingle so perhaps we'll have to get some more slabs and finish it off properly.

DSC01881-1.jpg

This is where the run will be going. :D

ps how comes on photobucket when I resized it to medium it was absolutely huge on the preview and pushed all the writing out and then when I resized it to small its absolutely titchy. Is there something wrong with medium. We all need a magnifying glass for these :?

We should be getting the fence panels delivered this afternoon we are going to build our run with. They are the large metal ones that they use around building sites and things to keep people out. We've managed to get them really cheap from a company that sells them off once they have finished hiring them out.

They are 2m tall and 3.5m long, we have ordered 6 of them. This will give us a run 3.5 by 7 m. Can't wait to watch my OH get cracking on it this weekend now :lol:

Just had confirmation re delivery - between 12 and 6 tomorrow :D:clap: . Also have instructions from Tony (feeling a bit nervous after reading them but ATSW (Andrew!) is being very helpful :) .

Why oh why, don't I have a useful OH :roll: . ShaunW, you don't fancy another trip to Edinburgh, do you :wink: ? I promise to actually give you cake this time :oops::lol: . Mostin, please come too and we can sit and watch him :D .

Just had confirmation re delivery - between 12 and 6 tomorrow :D:clap: . Also have instructions from Tony (feeling a bit nervous after reading them but ATSW (Andrew!) is being very helpful :) .

Why oh why, don't I have a useful OH :roll: . ShaunW, you don't fancy another trip to Edinburgh, do you :wink: ? I promise to actually give you cake this time :oops::lol: . Mostin, please come too and we can sit and watch him :D .

Congrats on the delivery bet yer sitting biting yer nails in anticipation Good luck on the assembly it won't be too difficult i am sure x

Good news about the delivery ANH :D we are all getting there, what will we talk about when all the runs are up?

I made five and a half fantastic looking (of the don't look too close type) run panels today, the first one took ages and nearly had me reaching for my ebay finger! After a few heckles from my OH I got in to a routine and did very well.

My woodworking would have Mr Cookie Monster tut tutting though

It will not be a pretty run :lol:

He'd normally be up for it in a second but he got so excited when we had the panels for our run delivered this aft that he spent all afternoon and until 10 mins ago when it got pitch black putting it all together :roll: . He still needs to build the door and put the roof on before we can put the eglu and the girls in but it's very exciting :dance: .

He came in dying to tell you all about it but his hands are shaking so badly from all the tightning of bolts all afternnon that he can't type :shock::lol: . He just came to show me, and to warn me that he would be spending "quality time" with me this evening, away from his PC. I don't know if I can cope with this :shock::wink: .

I love it that big burly blokes get just as excited as us girls :lol::lol: .

I hope his hands stopped shaking long enough to take some photos :D .

By the time it looked good enough for photos it was too dark but I will take some in the morning in the daylight.