mrsnesbitt

Wanted for my recycling project please

:?:? Well, this is the bit that I didn't understand..........quote="SarahJo"]: ... please say this is ok, else I will have to prove Lesley right. :oops:

Was that the bit that you didn't understand Lesley? Then, because I was confused, I implied maybe Sarah had started the wine early & was causing confusion. :shock:

But, whatever it was that she was referring to, we should assume that you are right anyway!

Does that help? Sorry to Denise & anyone else reading this. Oh, and sorry Sarah, after 6 is OK! :wink:

Would anyone like me to explain anything else! :shock::shock::roll:

I'm off for a lie down... :?:?:?

:wink: I meant that ... if the pretend corks were not ok .... I would have to open another bottle, and drink that too, proving Lesley right, that I do like my wine.

Then Sheila asked "when" I had opened the 1st bottle .. to which I replied after 6pm ... my Mum used to say any aperitif is ok after 6pm ... sort of a social time to start the evening. That little saying has stuck with me a bit .. so I always say "well it is after 6" :P .

Still need to know if I have to keep the pretend jobbies or the real corks or both :roll::wink::D .

Anyone else confused ... PM me :D , and I will add to the confusion :lol:

Well I'm not confused, but then I like the occasional wine too. My Dad always insisted that the sun had to over the yard arm before he could have a drink..... problem is I never quite worked out when, where, what the yard arm was, so that's added some confusion to my drinking habits :roll::oops::oops: .

He certainly interpreted it very liberally, it never ruled out the odd lunch time tipple :oops:

I'm with you on the cork vs plastic thing- I've got 2 plastic ones for Denise thus far, but no cork- does that matter?

:lol:

problem is I never quite worked out when, where, what the yard arm was,
... its that really long drinking thingy, sometimes up behind ther bars in old traditional pubs. They used to fill it with a "yard" of ale, then down in one I think. :wink: .

Glad you were not confused ...... I think the "CORK" corks are hard to get now .. only Italy is required by law (EU or something) to keep proper cork use .. the rest are going more for screwcaps. :roll: . Luckily .. there is a bottle of Italian white just ready to be opened 8) .

Oh boy, this drinking game does get confusing after all :wink:

My Italian red this evening definitely had a plastic cork.... don't worry I've got Spanish, French, a nice English rose, and I think there might be a Californian Chardonnay lurking in the wine rack. I could try them all, but purely in the interests of researching which nations prefer proper cork corks :roll::roll:

Maybe I won't do it tonight tho'

Do you think it might be an aussie thing, after all they dangle them around their hats don't they? I generally try to avoid too many new world wines, bit of a food miles thing, but then again, in the interests of research :wink:

.............My Dad always insisted that the sun had to over the yard arm before he could have a drink..... problem is I never quite worked out when, where, what the yard arm was...quote]

Ah yes, I know a man who says that when he gets home from work....I'll ask him if he knows what it means :wink:

My goodness, we're going to be campaining for cork trees next, not battery plastic cork trees. Seriously, cork farmers are in a lot of trouble. :shock: And I agree about wine miles, has to be European for me, pref.Italian 8) Or English. Or French.

Sarah, sorry I was so confused. Of course your ref. to Lesley was regarding your wine reputation! Got it now, thanks for explaining.

But I thought we'd all agreed on that one :wink::wink:

About yard glass...I did drink a yard of ale once but not very fast...its much harder than it looks :shock:

Err, sorry Denise...what type of corks would you like?