little chickadee

Guide Dog pup Raffles - nearly time for her to move on :(

Raffles had her 2nd batch of injections today, so we should be able to take her to grassy places frequented by other dogs in a couple of weeks :D

She spent Saturday with a lovely puppy walker down in Kent who was found for us by Maggie McHen (Thanks Maggie !) and had fun playing with another pup she was looking after called Forester. I think he put her in her place :clap:

We've still got some dominance issues going on at the moment. She's realised that my husband is definitely higher up the pack order than her but is convinced that she's higher than me, whatever I do. We're getting there though!

We've still got some dominance issues going on at the moment. She's realised that my husband is definitely higher up the pack order than her but is convinced that she's higher than me, whatever I do. We're getting there though!

:lol: The little Madam!

Are you sitting down when you talk/play with her?

I know that you need to sit down when you can due to your ME, but it might be that she sees you as a puppy when you're down on her level. I sometimes have this problem when Rosie plays with Ruby; Ruby gets too dominant if Rosie is on the floor with her and I have to tell Rosie to stand up when the dog gets too bossy.

:shock: Goodness she's grown!

I love the middle picture, you can just see the personality there.

Do you want to sawp 'little madams' LC? Ruby and her friend Humphrey have been rough-housing around my house and have driven me mad!

I don't think Guide Dogs would be too happy about that Claret, a Lurcher would maybe not be their first choice of suitable breeds :lol:

Do feel free to bring her over to play any time you're in the area though :D

Oops I've not been on Omlet for rather a long time. i thought I'd update you as to how Raffles is doing though :oops:

She's now a "lady dog"! lol She came into season the day we got back off holiday, which was really good timing at the end of the holiday! Having a dog in season can be rather restricting!

she's being a model dog really - calms down really quickly when we need her to, walks nicely on the lead and learns very quickly :D In short, a real delight.

How is everyone?

Well, it's nearly that time again. Raffles is booked in for her spay on Jan 6th and she should be leaving us around the second week of Feb. She is utterly wonderful and of course we will miss her dreadfully.

We were hoping to get a female German Sheppard/Golden Retriever cross, but instead are getting a male yellow lab! Lol

He is Called "Buddy" which considering our other dog is called "Holly" should raise some eyebrows on free runs! Hopefully we'll get used to the name. We have some insider info from Smudgley again (cheers) and know that he was born on Dec 7th. He'll be with us hopefully on Jan 20th, so we'll get a bit of a cross over this time having Raffles and Buddy at the same time.

Will post some pics as soon as I get some.

How is everyone? I find the forum a bit much for my eyes trying to follow the threads, which is why I've not been around much. Hope you're all fine and dandy though

Hello LC - how lovely to be having a yellow Lab :D - I'm not biased of course.....having a 14 week old yellow girl!

I just hope yours doesn't piddle as much as ours did :roll: - we had real problems until two weeks ago.

Lovely to have a cross-over as well this time - can't wait for photos of Buddy :D