Falkor

Cube ordered - chooks moved in

:lol: :lol: you make me laugh so much, seriously my children think I am crazy laughing at the computer!.. :lol:

you can copy it all you like, feel free.. :lol:

The sliding roof is more needed in my case I think as I cannot move the cube with my back (which I pulled again Friday!) I also think it's just easier to have it slide myself, but I am biased :lol:

Have you decided on what type of girls yet???

:D Glad I make people smile :D

Oh no Cookie, pulled your back again? I insist that you have a weeks bed rest and OH waits on you hand and foot. But first get him to put your bed in your WIR so you can chook watch :D What? You think it will be a bit nippy? Put a vest on, as my nanna would say! :wink:

I want a Chook of EVERY breed but as the idea of back garden chicken keeping was to get our own eggs I will be getting hybrids as the Orps are still not laying and even when they do start there won`t be many !eggcream! . OH says I can have four more chooks so that will make 7. I might just get two or three...... or four.

I have been looking here:

http://www.cambridgepoultry.co.uk/poultryforsale.htm

and like the Bluebelle, the Amber and the Speckeldy.

they are a great place and SO friendly and I demand if you go there you come to mind as I am only a few miles up the road :lol:

:lol:

waiting on me is not his strong point, although he builds great WIR's so I forgive him. it's not as bad as last time, but I sure know I did it. :roll:

they are a great place and SO friendly and I demand if you go there you come to mind as I am only a few miles up the road :lol:

:lol:

waiting on me is not his strong point, although he builds great WIR's so I forgive him. it's not as bad as last time, but I sure know I did it. :roll:

OK it is a date, THANKS :D You can come with me and make sure I don`t leave with ten! :D

I spose if my OH built my a WIR like yours I would forgive him almost anything :D

I assume that your back went after doing something chicken related or something more :twisted:

no it was the food shopping, which I should not do on my own anyway... but.. I was feeling quite good, it wasn't hurting and so I thought oooh I will be ok I will bend at my knees when I have to lift... :roll:

I push the trolley out the supermarket and it started to go in a direction I did not want it to and I pushed it harder and wham pain in my back!!!!

All the more reason for me to shop online now.. which I will do.. Anne has been telling me to for ages!!!! but I just forget to order in time to get the dleivery for when I need the items. :roll:

anyway sorry that was off topic, but thats the answer.. :lol:

and yes I do forgive my hubby 'almost' anything now :lol:

Shopping online is the bees knees :D I do a big online shop once a month and then little shops for veg each week at the market :D

So.... I best get FIL building the WIR so I can get over to you for chook chat and chook purchasing. (I do talk about other things too :oops: )

:cry:

Gordon (cube green) is almost complete but I haven`t got any roof sliders :?

Plus I ordered the run bits for under the cube and didn`t get any run clips either.

Also missing grub.

Good job the (green eglu) is still up and running and not lent out as planned!

When our recon (cube orange) - also known as Jasper....... :roll: - arrived we also were missing roof sliders and the glug and the grub!

When I phoned up to query this, having had no response from my email, I was told by the foreign sounding girl who answered (and I think was the one who told me they didn't operate a waiting list for recons...!) "well we don't send the feeders if you have no run to hang them on"..................errrrr excuse me, DH was told they were free & would be included (as he had made a comment to the effect that we had enough feeders etc. Obviously he doesn't realise the feeders are to go with the house in the event they are recycled somewhere else, leaving us with no feeders :shock: ) And the sliders are a vital part of the cube so whoever is the slider fairy who doesn't pack them in the boxes wants a smacked botty!!!

Hope you get them quickly,

Sha x

I think I may of confused them as I asked for TWO grubs rather than a grub and Superglug as already got a SG. So I got one but not the other.

I thought if I ordered the run sections and the clips were required as per the instructions they would of been included or I would of at least been asked if I wanted to add them to my order.

It is the roof sliders that have wound me up slightly.... I assume they are fairly big/long and they ARE integeral to the cube, perhaps they don`t use picking lists. Perhaps they should! I left message on the answerphone on Sat AM mid build to express my feelings.

Re recons I called Mon am and they had none only to read a thread on her on Tues to say someone was offered a choice of three colours :?

As long as it all works when I get it I will be happy. But I hope I get them ASAP.

Hi Jasper btw .... what is the Orps house called?

Well I'm trying it out shall we say, not sure DH can cope with any more names, he has problems enough with the 2 children, 3 dogs, 3 chooks, can't get the Orpies & the Batties are just that, the Batties....! Bless him...but as you say with a rather splendid run in evidence in the garden, I'll forgive him most things :lol: !! (Will post a pic, just got to download it.....back in a bit on the other thread :dance: )

The slider bits are about 7-8 inches long I think and "L" shaped, so not not huge, but I'd have thought a vital enough part to be on a picking list as you say!! I wonder whether the left hand knows what the right hand is doing sometimes.... :wall:

*clears throat loudly* Ladies & Gentlemen, I hereby announce the formal naming of the (cube orange) as Jasper, and the (cube lilac) as Liberace - how butch is that :lol: !!! Not sure I can fit it in my signature though, I haven't even got the Battie's names in yet!!!

Sha x

Still need to name the Battie's (blue eglu):think::think::think: , fortunately the (green eglu) is out at a friend's to take care of their banties..... They may adopt it though :pray: , so they can do the naming themselves!

I used a beautifully co-ordinated bright orange luggage strap to hold the roof in place as ours is ground-bound (no wheels!) & in a rather draughty garden. Thought it would be asking for trouble to leave the roof resting on top of the cube, not fox-proof at all :shock::evil: !

Sha x

(cube green) Gordon is chook free at the moments. My Orps are still in their (green eglu) at the moment so not too much of an issue at the moment.

Good job I didn`t have the new chooks ready to go in it!

SPOOOOOOOKY......I was thinking Smurf!!!! Cookie u are freaking me out! :wink: and making me smile in the knowledge that I am I not the only one!!

Edited by Guest