fluffyknickers

New Door Design On Cube Run! Measurements/photos added

As you may know my cube and chookies arrived today.

We ordered extra clips and a frame as wanted to convert the end so we could open it and get in.

Well, little did I know Omlet have changed the door and now its a big one!!!! It great as I can just bend down and get in and my son hardly had to bend his head at all.

So had to send back the frame and clips so I keep telling husband I have SAVED money today!!! :lol:

(cube purple)

GNR Eggy

GNR Peppa

PP Nugget

Arrived 19th Feb 2009

Edited by Guest

You can just about see the door in her flickr pages on the other thread :D It is higher & wider.

It looks much better than the old one :clap:

Thing is- why don't Omlet tell us about these things as they develop them? I'm sure we would all love to be kept up-to-date on improvements.

You can see it in this photo but I will, at some point, get a pic with it open.

DSC_0144

The only thing I would change is the things that keep it shut. Basically you take out these 'prongs' and then open the door. However couple of problems being once you open it you have the prongs and no where to put them (you could put them back in the catches but easier to just put them on the floor and lose them!) and also my daughter (2) just keep taking them out and opening the door!!!

We have tied it with a reusable clip tie to stop her.

However I should not moan as its a million times better than the small door.

x

Thing is- why don't Omlet tell us about these things as they develop them? I'm sure we would all love to be kept up-to-date on improvements.

It would be a good idea to tell us on here as then the people that are struggling with the smaller door could surely buy the new designed end panel from pmlet and then waaala!.. surely?? :eh:

Would it be possible to post some quite detailed pics please? I'd like to see it with the door open, and I'd also like to see cvlose ups of where the door "cut out" fits into the run.

The reason is that I've got a cibe extension to fit, and I have asked DH to make me a door in the side (because of the way we're set up). I'm thinking I could maybe buy the new size door, and then just cllp out an opening in the side to fit the door... but I need to see exactly how it fits.

Thanks very much for your help!

Isn't there a loop to stick the 'prongs' into when they're not in use? They look the same as the big pin that keep the ordinary door in place, just two of them. There should be a loop on the left of the door that will hold them?

I do agree ubereglu - it would be so useful to be able to access both sides!

Hi All

I emailed Omlet to ask about the price of the door, and explained that I wanted to fit it to the side of a cube extension.

"Yes the new door will be on sale very soon but we do not have a price for this at the moment. This will be available to order in about 2 weeks"

Excellent news!

Ah right will have to look on the left hand side of the door to see if there is a little storage loop. You can of course use the loops they came out of to store them in but have to take both out then open the door then put them in the loops and when I tried that this morning both GNRGNR were out of the door so I had to put them back in - want to free range already cheeky wotsits.

x