fluffyknickers

New Door Design On Cube Run! Measurements/photos added

Looks much better... can you buy the end panel separately.... I smell a rat, bet it's expensive!!!

I wish they would do a back door kit too for the bit under the cube... I never got a response when i suggested it to james. :(

:D I was thinking the same thing yeterday.......so my plan is to only secure one side of back section with the run clips and then use velcro ties for the other so it cn be released quickly like a door. The clips act as hinge :D . I will make is secure using little climbing rope thingys that screw shut.

What a good idea Em, I have the devil's own job getting my batties out of (cube lilac)Liberace's run! This could solve my problem, wonder what DH will say to an alteration so soon :roll:

But what is a little climbing rope thingy that screws shut :think: ?

Sha x

p.s. I have pics of a well-laden Liberace, I'll up/download them tomorrow.

I have to have one of those new doors so I can get inside and clean the muck off the ladder. There's no way I'm going in there on my hands and knees :shock::vom::oops:!

Well done everyone, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all this..........now I know why I can't get up in the mornings........Oh, it is morning, already! :doh:

:think: Oh, and I'm going to get some of those clip things so I can hang the pecka block in further into the run. You lot are genius :lol:

Come on Omlet, can you put the new door in the shop pleeease? :lol:

Thanks for the photos, they're great!

For April Fools day....

....moan about the difficulty of gettin into the run to clean, and suggest that they make one of the sides of the Cube Run completely hinged, or have double doors in the side (like french windows)

....request moulded, opaque, corrugated PVC shell covering for the top of the Cube run, with a fold down flap for a "storm porch"

.....adjustable (telescopic?) ladder

.....clip on perches for the inside of the Cube run

....roll up flooring which would go underneath Aubiose etc in the Rub. It should be [ermeable, so the water can get through quickly

.... heaters for the Glugs

....hinged covers for the Superglugs, to prevent debris falling in

....retractable blinds for the run

what else?

A Yellow Cube with a dark interior...........ta da :dance:

Bless her, I wish I had found my DD in the run this morning, instead I managed to lock myself into the run :oops: & "Ooops, word censored!"ody could hear/took any notice of my plaintive wailings - probably though it was the Orpies hollering to be let out :roll:

DH has now attached a wire to the catch so it can be opened from inside the run......

Sha x

Bless her, I wish I had found my DD in the run this morning, instead I managed to lock myself into the run :oops: & "Ooops, word censored!"ody could hear/took any notice of my plaintive wailings - probably though it was the Orpies hollering to be let out :roll:

DH has now attached a wire to the catch so it can be opened from inside the run......

Sha x

:D Sorry had to laugh just a little bit :D

Yes ANH they are the clip i mean :D I use them to hang veg, keep eglu run door shut and for my keys :D

:lol::lol::lol: (sorry :wink: )

How long were you trapped? Did you have to partake of the refreshments on offer :wink: ?

No I didn't :vom: , I don't think the chooks would have let me had I tried!! It felt like hours but was probably only about 10 mins.......I took advantage of my incarceration & managed to do the dominant chook bit on one of the Orpies who was setting about Snowdrop & they all got a stern talking to about respect for each other & suitable behaviour :shock::lol: All I kept thinking was, I just wish I'd grabbed the pooper scooper on the way in :roll:

Eventually I rummaged in my pockets & found a 3in long hair slide which fortunately was juuuuuust long enough to extend my finger round the corner & push on the top of the catch - thankfully the bottom catch needs a good push to engage.

DH was in the bathroom when I got indoors - he hadn't even missed me as I spend so much time with the chooks anyway...and had the temerity to nearly split his sides laughing!!!!!

I'm sure both he & DD dined out on it all day!!

Sha x

:D Sorry had to laugh just a little bit :D

Yes ANH they are the clip i mean :D I use them to hang veg, keep eglu run door shut and for my keys :D

Brilliant little gizmos, got them all over the place, but yet to use them in the chook run, no doubt will soon though!!

I must admit I've :lol: a lot today at my daftness :roll:

Sha x

I'm mid build with my cube at the mo - doing it after work isn't ideal!

THe run is all done though and i'm happy :roll: to report that a Newfoundland fits perfectly through the new door... I can see my batts are going to get to know my girls quite well!

Maybe another run is in order to double as a dog cage!

hI

I may sound supid and missing something here but does the cube come with the larger door? Or does it need to be ordered separately? We are getting our new cube in about 4 weeks to replace our eglu

Kairen

The new ones come with the larger door - might be worth ringing Omlet to check. :D

Excellent news about the door. I guess there are really good reasons to have to wait for my cube to be shipped here. It just keeps getting better!

Think the new door will be standard or have to be ordered seperately? I don't really care either way, just curious and glad it's happening. I ordered the extra arch to convert the door. Since mine won't ship til late Spring think I should cancel it now or just wait till it's closer to actually happening? I don't want to keep bothering Claire.

Me too I just left a message for Claire as I have also ordered an extra run frame to do the door conversion. I do hope we get the larger door

If you see my other post my recon arrived today with small door, despite them confirming it would definately come with the large one - so make sure you have it in writing - not just a promise on the phone. My will be resolved, but I am having to wait another month for them to do it.

Tracy

Soooooo, the cube is now supposed to come with the new door design standard, NOT as an extra?!?!

I just recieved my new cube attached run and it came with the very small

and IMO "STUPID" door. I will check with the other cube owners here in the US, but it would seem we are getting the "reject" doors. :evil:

Edited by Guest