fluffyknickers

New Door Design On Cube Run! Measurements/photos added

Looks much better... can you buy the end panel separately.... I smell a rat, bet it's expensive!!!

I wish they would do a back door kit too for the bit under the cube... I never got a response when i suggested it to james. :(

:D I was thinking the same thing yeterday.......so my plan is to only secure one side of back section with the run clips and then use velcro ties for the other so it cn be released quickly like a door. The clips act as hinge :D . I will make is secure using little climbing rope thingys that screw shut.

I think I'll stick to my conversion - that door is still too small.

Going in via the small-door pictured in my dressing-grown will just dip my dressing gown into their mess!

Got the conversion locking mechanism to a fine art - have cable-tied some run-clips to the frame, have eased them a bit with a screw-driver so that I can open them with one-hand, and got a bit of velco on the top for temporary locking.

I was workign on hinging the panel above the door to let it drop down and that worked perfectly until I decided that they needed a 'porch'. When the rain blows from a certain angle, it blows into the run (despite the covering tarp) and makes the run and feed soggy; I bought a sheet of very light gauge clear corrugated plastic and fed it in under the tarp - this gives me a nice overhang that ensures that the run is dry :D

I can imagine a little design man sitting at Omlet Head Office moaning - are they never satisfied? They request plastic roosting bars and we do it, they request a bigger door and we do it - now they want a back door! :lol::lol:

...so what can we request for April fools day?

Tracy

ok, I would like a man/woman that is always in my garden pandering to my chickens every need. Cooking fresh food, supplying just the amount of treats they should have, pooh picking every pooh as its done and they would also be a qualified poultry vet to look after any medical needs.

I then just come home and have cuddles with them and get the eggs and any other nice bits like hand feeding treats etc.

That isnt a lot to ask for

PS it would come included with the Cube.

x

Thanks for the photos, they're great!

For April Fools day....

....moan about the difficulty of gettin into the run to clean, and suggest that they make one of the sides of the Cube Run completely hinged, or have double doors in the side (like french windows)

....request moulded, opaque, corrugated PVC shell covering for the top of the Cube run, with a fold down flap for a "storm porch"

.....adjustable (telescopic?) ladder

.....clip on perches for the inside of the Cube run

....roll up flooring which would go underneath Aubiose etc in the Rub. It should be [ermeable, so the water can get through quickly

.... heaters for the Glugs

....hinged covers for the Superglugs, to prevent debris falling in

....retractable blinds for the run

what else?

April Fool idea.....Self Cleaning super glug pot.

Only have a cube with the small door like most of you at the moment, and the trouble I have trying to empty the glug without giving the chooks an unwelcome shower. :roll:

I find it too heavy with water still in it, but have to change it on a regular basis as one of my gingernuts insists on sitting on top of it. As soon as I give the glug a clean fill up she's up there again with her Muddy feet :(

For the time being I'll put a large door on my wish list as it should let me reach in further to steady the glug.

Regards,

Christine

Ooh, I've got another one...

Adjustable height cube. You can raise and lower it pnematically, then you can get the ideal height for the individual.

Funnily enough, I've been thinking of a WIR, but OH doesn't want a big structure in the garden, so he suggested raising the run roof by adding an extra side panel to the extensions (and adding a couple more extensions to the existing one). Just need to work out how to block in the extra height at the front and back of the raised bits (I thought of a new front panel, and use the old one in some way....). Obviously need to add some strengthening and vertical extensions to the tube bits, but that's not too difficult... It all depends on the price of the run side panels.

Ooh, I've got another one...

Adjustable height cube. You can raise and lower it pnematically, then you can get the ideal height for the individual.

Funnily enough, I've been thinking of a WIR, but OH doesn't want a big structure in the garden, so he suggested raising the run roof by adding an extra side panel to the extensions (and adding a couple more extensions to the existing one). Just need to work out how to block in the extra height at the front and back of the raised bits (I thought of a new front panel, and use the old one in some way....). Obviously need to add some strengthening and vertical extensions to the tube bits, but that's not too difficult... It all depends on the price of the run side panels.

Bigmommasally was planning on doing this too! She was telling us about it when we were at Janty`s. It would be walk in height then. Not sure what she was planning re door end though.