fluffyknickers

New Door Design On Cube Run! Measurements/photos added

Excellent news about the door. I guess there are really good reasons to have to wait for my cube to be shipped here. It just keeps getting better!

Think the new door will be standard or have to be ordered seperately? I don't really care either way, just curious and glad it's happening. I ordered the extra arch to convert the door. Since mine won't ship til late Spring think I should cancel it now or just wait till it's closer to actually happening? I don't want to keep bothering Claire.

Oh dear I can see me having to ring Omlet! I have a recon ordered, so assume it will be the 'old' door (will need to check with them), I will then have to decide if it is worth paying for the new end panel, or if it will be cheaper to change my order to a new one after all this waiting for a recon!

Decisions, decisions.

Tracy

Hi All

I emailed Omlet to ask about the price of the door, and explained that I wanted to fit it to the side of a cube extension.

Er if the end panel is curved how will you fit it to the side, or are you going to cut a hole in the panel and put just the door on?

Unfortunately I would still have trouble with the door :oops: so glad I have done the conversion. :D

You are right there is a little loop to hang the sticks from when you open the door. xquote]

I don't understand. Stick? I get that there's a loop to hang it, but what stick? (Oooooh I'm showing what a newbie I am! And it'll be continueing for awhile I'm afraid! :( )

It would be really nice to have a door on the side....but guess I shouldn't complain, the larger door seems so much better.

Anyone know about how tall and wide it is?

And I gather from the posts this will cost extra?

Mary

Hi All

I emailed Omlet to ask about the price of the door, and explained that I wanted to fit it to the side of a cube extension.

Er if the end panel is curved how will you fit it to the side, or are you going to cut a hole in the panel and put just the door on?

Unfortunately I would still have trouble with the door :oops: so glad I have done the conversion. :D

I'd just cut a hole and fit the door.

Not sure if I'm reading your comments right (a bit knackered!) bit if you're getting a run extension for the cube, you will need the extra run arch to support it.

I think I might be getting one of these new door panels - well worth it if you ask me!

I think this is people buying an extra run arch, so you have one at 2m and another at 3m, by the door to support the end when doing a door conversion - if no door conversion needed they do not need the 2nd arch.

...that's if I am reading it correctly!

Tracy

:( I took delivery of a new cube on Friday and mine has the old door. As I've ordered another to be delivered this Friday I've phoned and asked Omlet if they will swap the door. I'm waiting to hear. I hope they will or I'll put my back out trying to get through the old design!