dame egna

Female guinea pig - *edited* now has friend!! Pics :-)

I would like to find a home for my female guinea pig, Wilma. She is 10 months old, and was living happily with my other female piggy until last Friday, when she died and now sadly left on her own. I got Wilma when she was approx 12 weeks old orignally to keep my other piggy company, but now she's looking very lonely with no piggy to talk to! I really don't want anymore guineas now (although it has been hard to say no to more!) so think it would be best to find her a new home, as hard as it is!

We are in Exmouth Devon if anybody can help.

wilmasmall.jpg

Edited by Guest

Arh I would love her (guinea) she's beautiful, unfortunately I live in Nottingham :( but if you are passing my way at any time and she's still looking for a home I'll have her happily. I have 6 females already, 2 recently adopted from the RSCPA and the others I've had a few years now and were adopted from a local animal rescue centre (Bramcote animal rescue)

I hope she finds a new home soon.

Dyan x :dance:

She is pretty isn't she :) She's still looking for a home - such a shame missuscluck/RubyMurray that you're so far away! :(

I do feel sorry for her atm - she looks quite lonely, and I let her out into the kitchen yesterday but she didn't do a great deal as she used to follow my other piggy round! :roll:

She hasn't found a home no....however, I did find home for another very pretty 1 year old girl....... with Wilma! :roll: I couldn't face rehoming her, and she was sad on her own so when I stumbled across 'Roxy', well - how could I say no? It's not been easy introducing them, in fact we have divided the cage into two as they keep fighting :shock: haven't had girls fighting before and managed to introduce ok last time. Anyway, a new cage is on order and should be here in the next few days. :)

Here they were before fisty cuffs broke out! :lol:

roxy2.jpg

roxy.jpg

i just realised i havnt anothe guinea pig to go with her?? oh nooo maybe i shouldnt have her then?? woops am sorrys xxx :(:(:( she best off with other guineas

why r u WILMA gettin rid of her?/ cant u get her another guinea pig?/ its not a good reason to not buy her another guinea pig. It seems these days folk r soo fast to bin there pets

Lol no I definitely wasn't binning anything, which is why I took on a rescue to keep her company :roll:

Whilst on that subject, they still aren't getting along - 3 weeks later, so I have a bigger cage now with a division running down the middle, and have got hubby to make me a run with a division down the middle too. Hopefully one day soon they will get along enough to live together, but I tried them in the kitchen yesterday and they are still determined to take chunks out of one another :roll::o:shock:

I think, from what I have read, with pigs if they fight once then thats it, they won't get on. Did you get the new one from a rescue? If so it might be worth calling them and telling them as they may let you bring the new one back and take Wilma with you and try her with different sows till she finds her match.

I think, from what I have read, with pigs if they fight once then thats it, they won't get on. Did you get the new one from a rescue? If so it might be worth calling them and telling them as they may let you bring the new one back and take Wilma with you and try her with different sows till she finds her match.

Oh poo really? She came from Pets at Home from the re-homing section (somebody had taken her and a male in as they didn't want them anymore, donation goes to charity and not to the store). I suspect Roxy has never lived with another piggy which is why she seems hostile towards Wilma. I have a friend with many female guineas, I might ask for her advice and see what she says. Would be a shame if they never got on :( However I have got quite attached to her now, and won't be taking her back whatever happens.