Egluntyne

Sparkling Oven

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I actually enjoy cleaning my oven - it gives me a sense of acheivement. I hate ironing, dusting, tidying - all that housework type stuff, but 'proper' jobs, like cleaning the oven that take a bit of effort, but have obvious results - I love.

If anyone want to pay me £90 to clean theirs - I'm free next Thursday!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

do you travel to the South Coast :?:D

Now if only they could do self cleaning houses

and eglus

and self ironing clothes

and self disposing dog poo

and self washing cars

and chocolate with no calories

*sigh*

a girl's got to dream :D

and a self reloading strimmer which also doesn't run out of petrol at a vital moment :evil:

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I actually enjoy cleaning my oven - it gives me a sense of acheivement. I hate ironing, dusting, tidying - all that housework type stuff, but 'proper' jobs, like cleaning the oven that take a bit of effort, but have obvious results - I love.

If anyone want to pay me £90 to clean theirs - I'm free next Thursday!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

do you travel to the South Coast :?:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could be persuaded, for a small fee.......

I use Dr Beckmans oven cleaner, it's a spray gel and non-caustic, and absolutely brilliant. Get from super.

My oven is a Smeg and has self cleaning sides, couldn't afford the pyrolitic liners, they were lots more. But the roof comes out to be scrubbed over the sink, and on the microwave/grill, the element moves down out of the way to clean the roof of that.

OvenU are a franchise and all over the place.

I realise the Dr Beckmans is not exactly enviro-friendly but it's heaps better than caustic soda, and I only use it four times a year.

Did I say before I'm lazy?

I use Dr Beckmans oven cleaner, it's a spray gel and non-caustic, and absolutely brilliant. Get from super.

My oven is a Smeg and has self cleaning sides, couldn't afford the pyrolitic liners, they were lots more. But the roof comes out to be scrubbed over the sink, and on the microwave/grill, the element moves down out of the way to clean the roof of that.

OvenU are a franchise and all over the place.

I realise the Dr Beckmans is not exactly enviro-friendly but it's heaps better than caustic soda, and I only use it four times a year.

Did I say before I'm lazy?

I read your post to quick and thought it said "BECKHAMS CLEANER"

I was thinking "blimey what are them 2 endorsing now"!!

bet posh has never cleaned an oven in her life eh?! :lol:

When we moved out of a tiny studio flat that we had rented for four years I scrubbed everything to within an inch of its life to make sure that we got our deposit back......the oven had always been a bit minging and old but imagine my disgust when I scrubbed the display panel to reveal a perfectly preserved dead cockroach underneath :vom:

I also decided to hoover the mattress when we moved in (it was a studio flat with one of those fold down from the wall type beds with special fitted mattress) and the "dust" quarter filled our dyson hoover :vom::vom:

Lorna

ooh our first rented flat when we were married was like that! It was a huge flat in a converted Victorian house - no heating, so really really damp

The times I used to enjoy washing the paintwork down with bleach to get rid of the mould.............

and when I put the leafs on the table down finding maggots in the grooves :shock:

ooh our first rented flat when we were married was like that! It was a huge flat in a converted Victorian house - no heating, so really really damp

The times I used to enjoy washing the paintwork down with bleach to get rid of the mould.............

Yup, the mould scenario sounds so very familiar, we had mould everywhere including in the wardrobes which ruined our clothes. It was a full time job to try and keep it under control. In fact I often wonder why we stayed there for four years! :?