sadietoo Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 Whilst I am sure many of us are far too sensible/ self-assured/busy with our chooks to ever have any self doubt about how beautiful we are ....having watched my teenage daughter and her friends plaster themselves with make-up and obsess about their figures...I think this is a lovely idea (not sure I would do it a work though...I'm already "the strange chicken lady" there!) sorry can't make it do a linky thingy....website is www.operationbeautiful.com. Note to self...must learn more than how to type on this machine!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 I like that idea, I would be really pleased to see a note like that somewhere! Even if it wasn't for me! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 Thanks for this post! There are some great messages to read there! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 What a lovely idea! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 I agree - a lovely idea! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitbag Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 (edited) Thanks for sharing this. What a fab idea!! I took some post-it notes to work with me today, and stuck some in the toilets and the kitchen! It made me really happy to see people people coming out with smiles on their faces! Edited June 27, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 Wow, that's a really cool idea! I have several friends who would benefit from this! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 Its a good idea, but a but too American There are often random things up at school, "SMILE - costs nothing, worth millions" I think someone should put some up in the dressing rooms at the theatre next week! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 That's inspiring And Lewis even though you're a teenage boy we don't mind if you join in Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 And Lewis even though you're a teenage boy we don't mind if you join in Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 you're welcome Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alih Posted June 27, 2009 Share Posted June 27, 2009 This is fab! I have 2 teenage girls and will send them the link. They are both, of course, absolutely gorgeous, but seem constantly comparing themslevs to others... I would love to see a sign like this - maybe we Omleteers should start a special link! I remember a boyfriend I had when I was 21 had a cool sister who had written "you are beautiful" in nail varnish on her mirror - I thought at the time this was really great! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 Oh I love this! What agreat idea ! It has taken me most of my life to gain the confidence to come out of my shell and not worry about what people think of me! I know do a job where at times I have to talk to a huge crowd of people and I do it without embarassment, with confidence and I am the first to volunteer to do any job which involves talking to people! If this idea gives young people the confidence to "just be theirselves" - then thats great! Louise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 I like that idea, I would be really pleased to see a note like that somewhere! Even if it wasn't for me! .....but it would be "for you" .....thats the whole point! Louise xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 Love this idea . I would love to put one up in the loos at work but I have such atrocious handwriting it would be recognised as mine, and I would rather be anonymous and get it to cause more of a stir . I must give this some thought . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 Love this idea . I would love to put one up in the loos at work but I have such atrocious handwriting it would be recognised as mine, and I would rather be anonymous and get it to cause more of a stir . I must give this some thought . Print it off! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 Love this idea . I would love to put one up in the loos at work but I have such atrocious handwriting it would be recognised as mine, and I would rather be anonymous and get it to cause more of a stir . I must give this some thought . Print it off! Doh , too obvious for me have even thought of that one . I'll just crawl under this nearby rock now . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 28, 2009 Share Posted June 28, 2009 Love this idea . I would love to put one up in the loos at work but I have such atrocious handwriting it would be recognised as mine, and I would rather be anonymous and get it to cause more of a stir . I must give this some thought . Print it off! Doh , too obvious for me have even thought of that one . I'll just crawl under this nearby rock now . I'll let you off on account of it being late Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted June 29, 2009 Share Posted June 29, 2009 I'll let you off on account of it being late Thank you, if you noticed, I logged off and went to bed straight after that . Something told me I needed some sleep . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...