pepe

21st Birthday

Its my sons 21st today! Hes coming home tomorrow, he left Cornwall to take a job in Bath, so have'nt seen him since July, I can't wait to see him :D Do any of you remember what you did on your 21st or what presents you had? I can't think what I did, probably went clubbing! But I did have a lovely suede jacket from Miss Selfridges :D saddly don't have it anymore.

I went out for a meal with my parents and brothers, where not only did one of my brothers tell me that he loved me (for the first time ever!), I learned the sad news that my Nana's budgie hadn't flown out the window as I had believed for 16 years ( :roll: , yes I realise how niave I was!), but, of course, had croaked it!

Then I went out with my friends and spent the night trying to snog an ex boyfriend!

Aaaaah, happy days! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I celebrated my 21st with a big party to which a motley assortment of family, friends and neighbours were invited. I'd recently completed my degree and had a free summer before I started my training. I was just back from holiday with my first serious boyfriend and I was slim, tanned and very happy. I look back at the photos of that night with huge nostalgia, I don't think I've ever looked so good before or since, nor felt so young and carefree :D:D:D

A great night....... oh, nostalgia :roll:8)

Don't tell me we've actually found a thread that Martin won't be able to use to increase his postings?? :twisted:

not at all - there's a plus 5 in his column on this thread already.. :wink:

:D

I played darts for the Royal Leamington Spa Prince of Wales darts team on my 21st Birthday - got totally smashed - copped off with a lass for whom beer-goggles were invented - and on the way home (egged on by other drunken darts-team mates, painted a big letter "I" in the middle of a To Let sign - which seemed hysterically funny at the time...

ahh.. happy days...

Phil

(I think traffic cones were involved somewhere along the line too - and being sick in someone's garden...)

My little brother is 21 tomorrow! He is having a party on saturday to which there is a beach theme (not that he knows that yet) apparantly we all have to dress in our summer wear - i presume that means shorts and t-shirts NOT bikini! :shock: (they'd better have the central heating on!)

Tomorrow he celebrates by going to University for a lecture and spending time with mum and dad and then i'm going to pick him up in the evening after i have finished football practice and he's coming over to ours so all the animals can wish him happy birthday (he is our regular animal sitter when we go on holiday and they all love him!)

Can't exactly remember what i did for my 21st. I think i went boating! Hired rowing boats with my friends on the local river and then went to the pub (benefit of a summer birthday!)

Hm...a summer birthday sounds great. 8) The pitfalls of a December birthday are having to fit in with everyones Christmas parties, and never being able to see my birthday cards because they get mixed up with all the Christmas ones.... :cry: (anyone feeling sorry for me yet? :wink: )

Hm...a summer birthday sounds great. 8) The pitfalls of a December birthday are having to fit in with everyones Christmas parties, and never being able to see my birthday cards because they get mixed up with all the Christmas ones.... :cry: (anyone feeling sorry for me yet? :wink: )

My Uncle has a birthday on the 23rd Dec ....

Phil, are you sure........

Martin :roll::lol:

I went clubbing in school uniform with 2 friends and two people I'd never met before :?

Hmmm mine was about this time last year - i went out a couple of times with different friends and got a bit drunk. Present was the best bit tho - my parents paid for a volunteer conservation trip over the summer to South Africa for me which was amazing

Also everyone sends you £21 for your 21st birthday :D

I don't remember the day much (no, I wasn't very very drunk at the time!) but I do remember that LSH (then my fiance) bought me a lovely 3 colour gold ring for my present and as we were about to get married, everyone bought me housey things! My parents bought me a beautiful silver art nouveau belt buckle for my nurses belt as I'd not long qualified then. I've still got both the ring and the buckle.