whoopsie Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 (edited) I don't know what she sat in but Barbara had very mucky knickers, so I decided it was bath time. Like the pampered miss she is she thoroughly enjoyed her bath and subsequent blow dry in the kitchen! Edited October 23, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted October 23, 2009 Author Share Posted October 23, 2009 Aha Egluntyne, that must have been why I couldn't reduce it!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CluckyBucks Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 What a pampered lady of luxary Bet she had radox in her bath Lovely girl Gorgeous colour, too xx xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 What a pretty perky chicken she is My girls love being blow dried aswell. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 She obviously enjoyed her blow dry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 23, 2009 Share Posted October 23, 2009 I used to love bathing my girl I lost, they almost purr. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted October 23, 2009 Author Share Posted October 23, 2009 I had no idea she would enjoy it so much! She climbed on my lap to get closer to the dryer!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 What a lovely set of pictures. I have never had to bath mine, but I think I might give it a go. They look to enjoy it so much. She is a beautiful young lady. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kit Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Wow very impressed and lucky girl. My girls I don't think would ever allow me to get so close to them like that. Unless I have snacks they run a mile! I'm very envious! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted October 24, 2009 Author Share Posted October 24, 2009 Well I followed all the bathing advice on here, including the tip to use Ecover washing up liquid! Next time I will run the water first though, that's the only thing that made her flap (though not for long!) Next summer maybe i'll make them a paddling pool! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
House MD 221B Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 They're beautiful pics, I never would have thought chickens would like it so much either, only done it twice, once for two different chickens, and I don't think I've ever seen Poach stand in one place for so long just loving the warm air brushing past her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimnpaula Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 I love the last picture - she looks like she's looking at her reflection in the cooker door. P Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fur 'n' Feathers Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 I love the last picture - she looks like she's looking at her reflection in the cooker door. P Looks like she's saying "Is this my best side?" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 My Orpies are all coming out of their moult & looking very scraggy....maybe a bath would fluff up their "old" feathers & make them look much happier......I bathed Buffie when she was broody & smashed a lovely new-laid egg on her golfballs (put under her to test the broodiness ) she had a revolting chest & belly so had to be bathed, she wasn't bothered at all!! I bought the girls a bath at a carboot sale in the summer...........same stuff as old-fashioned camping cups are made of.......enamelled metal ? "Ooops, word censored!"ody could believe what I wanted it for & I got various from passers by Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 Sometimes I wonder why I bother - she's all mucky again!!!! Margot manages to stay clean but for some reason Barbara is all wet and soggy around her rear. It's not poo it's more like she's sat in something else. I've cleaned out the nestbox since she likes to sit in there but otherwise i'm not sure what to do next. Maybe she wants another bath? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
brambles Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 You're making her so comfy I'm sure she does! We've just bathed Eddie in the garden. It took ages to catch her and we had to do a 'smash and grab' bath raid whilst she struggled even wrapped in an old terry nappy! She's no longer got poo dangling from her pants so it was worth it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...