Guest Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? FYI one in which my little baby has a meaningful one night stand and i get paid for it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? FYI one in which my little baby has a meaningful one night stand and i get paid for it! that would make you his pimp... Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 A propos of this... on the R5 phone in this morning they had a frothing woman from some kind of association for Pit Bull terriers, and she began by very forcefully stating that her group had a slogan.. HATE THE DEED NOT THE BREED which she proceeded to repeat several times.. then she said (and I quote exactly) "I hate Collies and Labradors!" I nearly fell of the toilet laughing (which would not have been pretty!) Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 (edited) Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? FYI one in which my little baby has a meaningful one night stand and i get paid for it! that would make you his pimp... Phil Phil i would expect nothing less than a comment like this from you!!! Edited January 3, 2007 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
One Man Banned Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Emma, I confess I thought it too but didn't have the heart to post it! A xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Emma, I confess I thought it too but didn't have the heart to post it! A xx Andrew, I confess I thought it too and did have the heart to post it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 here's Emma driving Teddy to the stud... Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Thats so great but pink is more my colour! I would then be a pink pimp!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 here's Emma driving Teddy to the stud... Phil hilarious !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted January 3, 2007 Share Posted January 3, 2007 Its funny your should mention Yorkshire Terriers as Teddy was doing some stud work at a kennels in kent ..what kind of a cushy job is that?? FYI one in which my little baby has a meaningful one night stand and i get paid for it! that would make you his pimp... Phil Weeeeeeeee, heeeeeeeeee, heeeeeeeee I LOVE EBT but unfortunately OH does not share my enthusiasm I do love terriers. I thought of this post earlier when I found my 16 month old son sitting in Mille's bed with her I shoved him out but the silly wotsit tried to climb back in Nothing is sacred in this house Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 I'm going to have the image of a vicar sitting on the loo listening to the radio in my head all day now! Aaaaargh!! Why not do crossword puzzles like most people.....or you could prepare your sermons! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 (edited) I'm going to have the image of a vicar sitting on the loo listening to the radio in my head all day now! Aaaaargh!! Why not do crossword puzzles like most people.....or you could prepare your sermons! I've always shied away from crossword puzzle books in toilets - eughh!! Sermons often get a boost in the littlest room - that's where I have my best ideas. I think that every time you disengage from deliberately thinking about something - then the brain has a chance to surprise you! as for the radio - I have one in every room - turning it on is something I do without thinking - just background noise.. I think it also helps with the brain-disengagement process! anyway - perhaps I can help remove that other image from your mind... I'm off upstairs to open the bomb-doors... Phil Edited January 4, 2007 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 I think you're right Phil: I always have my best thinking when walking the dogs. Perhaps you'd like to borrow them some time? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 I'm with you on the radio in every room (except the loo in our house!) Have to have Radio 4 accompanying me when I'm wielding a duster or (especially) an iron. Am thinking of getting a wind up radio for the hens....to scare away foxes as well as to educate and inform them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 I'm with you on the radio in every room (except the loo in our house!) Have to have Radio 4 accompanying me when I'm wielding a duster or (especially) an iron. Am thinking of getting a wind up radio for the hens....to scare away foxes as well as to educate and inform them! the radio in our loo is a combined radio/loo-roll-holder that my brother bought me one christmas. I also have a wind-up radio for the garage and down the garden - it's fantastic - I don't leave it on for the chickens, though! anyway - sorry for those who want to discuss dangerous dogs!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 No: This is much more fun. Have wanted a wind up radio for some time. Do they do digital ones? Listening to the cricket in the summer whilst in the garden... bliss! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 (edited) Em, sorry to be coming late to this, but I totaly agree with you on this one. Perhaps dog owners shoudl undergo a sort of driving test before they can be deemed fit to own a dog (which is a tremendous responsibility) I totally agree with Egluntine and the rest of you on this! I used to have a lurcher, who was fabulous with Rosie, who learned to walk by hanging onto the dog's fur and toddlin along woth her. That doesn't sound like a brilliant idea to me... If a big dog like that can turn and bite at any time - then I'm not sure I'd be advising anyone to allow their toddler to do that... (obviously Rosie's OK - so no harm done...) Phil Phil, I used this example to illustrate just how tolerant and well behaved some dogs can be if they are well trained and have responsible owners. I would never have let Rosie do it if I had thought that she would be harmed in any way, and she was never at any time left alone with Belle (who idolised her). I am sure that most people would realise that I wasn't recommending that they let their babies do this. Edited January 4, 2007 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gooner.girl Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 I know some breeds can be more dangerous then others but i hate to stereotype this. As far as i'm concerned, its generally the owners fault not the dog's when this type of thing happens. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 Momentary diversion back to wind up radios......Have just bought one at T**co's for £7.99....don't mind spending this as an experiment. Will upgrade if successful.....Hens listening to Radio 4 at mo. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hellcat Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 children and dogs such as rottweilers and pit bulls should not be in the same premises. As a lifelong dog owner myself, I feel I must speak out on behalf of the animals here. Pit Bulls are bred to fight, that is the reason for their existence. They should not be kept in houses with children BUT not because they can't be trusted but because they are not pets. Japanese Akitas are very much the same kind of dogs. However, I cannot lump Rotties in the same group as Pit Bulls. I have had the joy of knowing many rottweilers in my life and they have, with no exceptions, been the sweetest, most patient family dogs. It is worthy of note though that all the folks I know who have had them have had no need to have a p###s extension on the end of the lead and so the dogs have not been encouraged to fight, play tug games, bark and attack others. More children are bitten by Labradors or Border Collies in this country than any other kind of dog. In fact, my husband was savaged by a collie a few years ago. The dog was not destroyed UNTIL it bit a child a few months later. I agree with the comments about a 5 year old being up at that time in the morning. Also, was the dog allowed on the furniture? Was the child in the dogs accustomed place? Was the dog used to being fed s"Ooops, word censored!"s? Was the child eating? Playing with the dogs toys? Having a cuddle with someone who normally cuddles the dog? None of these questions excuse the behaviour of the animal but if people don't train their animals properly these tragedies will always happen I would argue that people should not be allowed to keep a dog at all until they had been vetted and inspected by an animal welfare authority (NOT RSPCA, who would not home to us as we were a 'service family', even though we had a dog already...go figure ) Don't villify all members of one breed because the owners are macho morons. My thoughts are with the family of the child at this time and I hope the uncle is banned from keeping animals for the rest of his life. He gives the rest of us a bad name. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 Good rant Helen! I totally agree - I've been around dogs practically all my life and have always agreed that it's down to the owners to 'bring their dogs up' the right way - much like children really. As Helen said about Rottweilers; Phil grew up with the softest Dobermann that you could ever wish to meet, and I used to walk an enormous one for a friend, and apart from being a bundle of energy, he was always very gentle. Having said that, as with all animals - instinct will always take over and I would never leave a small child alone with any dog no matter how much you trust it. Whenever I put Rosie to sleep in her cot, Belle used to station herself outside the closed bedroom door on guard, but she was never allowed in the baby's room unless I was there. Personally I think that it's very good for children to be brought up with animals, and to learn the respect that needs to be given to any other living being. They have to understand that they, like humans, need their own space and peace sometimes. understanding an animal's instincts and the dynamics of their relationship with their humans helps children to understand human relationships as they get older. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 having read a report earlier today - seems they have arrested some people (not connected with this tragedy directly) but seizing stuff to do with underground dog fighting in pit bull type dogs...all in the St Helen's area (where poor Ellie died). Protein feeds/supplements for fighting dogs were found and 1 dog was found with its ears pinned back (which is common in dogs made to fight). The "uncle" of this poor child was also caught driving with no car insurance (nothing to do with dangerous dogs I know), and banged up few years ago for possessing £24k worth of drugs......why the moron was permitted to be responsible for a dog like he had I do not know when he cant even be responsible to insure a car as Ive said before the innocent ones are the dogs and the children who suffer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 4, 2007 Share Posted January 4, 2007 Him Indoors would agree with you Helen G when you say that: It is worthy of note though that all the folks I know who have had them have had no need to have a p###s extension on the end of the lead He always says that the bigger and more vicious the dog...the smaller the owners p*n*s and intellect.....only he doesn't say p*n*s He applies the same mathematical formula to flash git cars. Update to story on lunchtime news....eight pit bulls which seem to have been intended for fighting have been confiscated by Merseyside Police. Bolting horses and stable doors spring to mind........ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...