mags

big cat sighting

A few weeks ago my Oh and I saw what I can only say looked like Puma in a field near our house.

we reported it on the local site and we are getting the investigator over tomorrow night.

I never really believed in these sighting but this was a very big cat !

about size of a lab , but very cat like as it was playing with something in the field

shaped like a cat and was not a dog

should be interesting to hear if anyone else sighted one near here

we do get some sighting in Fife

Mags

My brother many years ago was driving back through a local wood very late at night and he maitains to this day that he saw a big cat.

It jumped down from a bank a little way in front of him, 2 bounds and it was up the bank the other side, it was black with a massive tail and definately feline.

A couple of years ago I thought I saw something in the field at the back of our house. It is basically scrub land, quite overgrown with lots of hiding places. I was rather sceptical but I saw what I thought was a large black cat, it's tail was almost as long as it's body and thick. I didn't tell my family for quite a while because I thought they would think I was mad. There are some people who live down the road who sometimes walk their dogs out there, so I thought it might be them, but their dogs although one is black has a large fluffy tail and it is not the sort of place to walk because the ground is so uneven. Sometime later I was talking to a another neighbour who said he had been gardening for someone who lives on the other side of this land, the man had been sitting out in his garden and saw something large and feline basking in the sunshine, quite some distance away but none the less he was convinced it was a cat.

I think it's fascinating but not sure I would want to meet one!!

Wow - the clip is really :shock:

Let us know how you get on.

We allegedly have a big cat in this area though I've never seen it. My OH and kids saw what they described as a puma type animal whilst we were on holiday in Portugal. We were walking back to our villa one evening on a golf resort and they were in front. It crossed their path and they were so scared. They said it was huge. OH made us run back to the villa. :shock:

Wow - the clip is really :shock:

Let us know how you get on.

We allegedly have a big cat in this area though I've never seen it. My OH and kids saw what they described as a puma type animal whilst we were on holiday in Portugal. We were walking back to our villa one evening on a golf resort and they were in front. It crossed their path and they were so scared. They said it was huge. OH made us run back to the villa. :shock:

I am fairly sure there are lynx in Spain and Portugal, I haven't googled so you could check up on that.

Well we spent an unforgetable afternoon at a 'zoo' whilst we were there and they did have a lynx cat that was native to the area there. I kept saying to them that it must have been a dog or something as there were so many poor dogs just left loose out there but they insisted it was a big cat. I thought they would be too scared to be that close to humans but you are probably right.

Don't even get me started on how they treated dogs out there though. My OH had to make me walk away once....... :evil:

I also love the idea of big cats being out there. Here in Alcester quite a few years back there was a big frenzy in the town after one was sighted, filmed and photographed only 250m from my front door.

I do believe Pumas and perhaps Lynxes are out there. I would also love to see a Scottish Wild Cat or Fishing Cat in the wild.

:)

I know a lady that belongs to one of the organisations that track these cats. Talking to her about them is fascinating. She says the cats follow the same paths, year after year they'll get reported sightings of the same cats in the same places. I believe there are literally hundreds of them out there!