bellekatz

New Handwarmer..........

tillyprofile.jpg

OK here is my Tilly. See the curve of the nose from the side and the way the nose down to the chin and back makes a sort of square? That and the rectangular body, long tail, ears with tips and tufts, shaggy coat and general size is basically what makes a Maine Coon. I still think Archie is ace!! :clap:

Oh yeah - forgot about the tufts inbetween the toes just for walking around in the cold Maine winters ( or British come to that).

Welovemarmite, I think that for the good of the country he has to be examined scientificaly first :shameonu:

Well I may be sending you a couple of troublesome bengals........ who are driving me nuts this evening.

Sorry, but he lives with Phil's folks in Radnage :lol:

He has enormous feet and lots of fur between his toes, a long, rangy body which is gradually fillling out. Here are some photos from when he was younger, he is probably 3 times the size now, he is much more furry too, see what you think...

6a00ccff89858867310123ddc31eb0860c-500pi

6a00ccff89858867310123f16ce6f8860f-500pi

6a00ccff89858867310123f16ce6ea860f-500pi

I'm no expert on MC's, but a friend has one and the similarity struck me when I last saw Archie.

He was one of the rescues that Jude fostered in her stables when the RSPCA centre was full and they were due to be put down. They were all different in looks and temperament, one was really wild and ended up staying at the yard as a ratter.

Claret, that first photo of Archie is amazing, not sure if its the reflection of the light, but I reckon that would be a prize winner in a photo competition. Or as a greeting card in Clintons! I would buy it. :)

I will pass the message on to Phil, he's just bought a new compact digital camera for carrying around and is trying it out. He tends to leave the big camera at home.