gooner.girl

Church Wedding chat.....

Print one of your wedding pics - go on! Then we can all have a laugh!

OK - here you are... this is nearly 20 years ago!! :shock: (when I had some hair - and the missus refused to wear her glasses - sheer vanity! - so she couldn't see anything all day!!)

weddingbw.jpg

ahhhhh... brings it all back - fabulous day!

Phil

Didn't they have colour photography back then Phil?

Took the words right out of my mouth Sarah! :wink:

Lovely pic, Phil, you look so young! Don't supose you look anything like that now so i shan't recognise you on sunday :wink::lol:

I was a mere 24 years of age.... (I haven't changed a bit...)

Phil

awwwwwww!! that's lovely.. I can see the pink tinge on the blokey's shirt/cravatte..

(mind - he looks as if he's had enough of smiling for the camera by this point!!)

:D

Phil

I'd been avoiding this thread (the word 'church' in the title is enough to send me running for the hills!), but the photos are lovely :D Annie - you're in a frock!!!!!, Kate, you look just the same :wink:

In fact you all look lovely. Even Phil!

I haven't got any photos from my wedding - I parcelled them up and gave them to my mum because I didn't want them :roll: I was 30 when I got married, and that didn't mean that i had any more sense :oops: It was a lovely day with lots of friends and not many family (I had talked my mother out of inviting the Italian contingent) :roll: Didn't last though.

Humph. You say Phil, how lovely Sarahs pic is (which it is sarah, glad you posted it) and yet you go and scribble on mine! :evil:

surely you're not describing Thierry Henry as "scribble"??? :shock:

Phil

I think the wedding photos are all fab: Sarah, I love your dress... and the mullet! :lol: Your hair is so 80's (in the nicest possible way) I have a similar photo of me sporting something almost identical in around 1985... :lol:

Phil, I think Helen has the right to take your photo and "get creative" with it.... if she knows how... :wink:

Clare: Yes, I know! A dress! Actually, I love dresses, but just cannot get one to fit.... (rather top heavy I'm afraid :oops: ). This dress was hand made, so fitted perfectly, but then so it should... it cost £2,500 which I am now heartily ashamed of. What a waste of money! There it sits gathering dust.... :roll:

My parents were very wise: When I was born, they took out an insurance policy on me. It matured when I was 21 and it virtually paid for the wedding :D

So come on the rest of you.... What did you do for your reception? what cars? How many bridesmaids etc.

I'll kick off:

Bridesmaids: None! :lol:I was the star!

Best man: OH's Dad (he said it was the proudest day of his life when OH asked him. SO lovely now he's no longer with us, to remember that he knew how much Jonnie thought of him)

Car: Jaguar Mark 10 (The sweeney 8) )

Reception: Sawston Hall, Cambridge

Entertainment: A barn dance outside in the grounds! 8)

Going away car: My beloved black beetle, Helen. (sorry Helen) :lol::lol:

I am sure my wedding would have been improved by the odd dolphin or 2 8)

Just as a distraction from the frock :lol:

It's a lovely frock...

here - see I have lovingly restored the subtle pink tones for you - and found a simple solution to the mullet...

:wink:

scan.jpg

8)

Phil

Phil, I think Helen has the right to take your photo and "get creative" with it.... if she knows how...

If only i knew how Annie... :roll:

Ok i'll go next.

We got married 29th March 2003 (had to think what the date was for a moment! :oops: ) at All Saints Church, Lindfield. I had 4 bridesmaids in "Ooops, word censored!"nal red naturally :wink: , 2 pageboys and a flower girl. Bestman was Mikes friend Jamie, car - just asked Mike - apparantly a 1967 jaguar. Reception at Ardingly showground, We had a barn dance and then a disco. The tables were named after "Ooops, word censored!"nal players. Someone put ears on the Tony Adams table :evil:

I made a speech as well as Mike (girl power! :wink: ) It was a great day but i did not sleep a wink the night before or the night after! :wink:

And Annie, i thought my dress was expensive! Wow!

Edited by Guest

Following on with another wedding confessional:-

Bridesmaids: Two in Bo Peep dresses in peach (poor girls)

Best man: LSH's best friend David from college

Car: should have been a gold Rolls Royce but it didn't turn up so I arrived at the church in an off white (off white = dirty) Clapham's Taxi and walked into the church announcing that the "Bl***y car hadn't turned up!"

Reception: The Garden House Hotel, Stamford

Entertainment: None!

Going away car: LSH's blue Astra which we'd carefully hidden to avoid it being messed about by the wedding guests. Unfortunately we hadn't bargained on Mum having a bit of fun in our house while she had the key. Confetti in the bed, the saucepans, in my shoes - everywhere! Thanks Mum :lol: !