Chooks Aloud

What a whopper

Standing at the sink looking out on my girls, I noticed that Dolly was walking funny, dragging her bottom. I went out to investigate and found that she had an egg stuck. She normally just sits on the nest and pops them out, but this time she got fed up and started walking round the garden - looking a bit perturbed! I let this go on for a while but she seemed upset.

I put some hot water in a bowl and held her bottom over it to relax her. I then put her back in the run, thinking if she doesn't push it out this time, I'll be warming up the olive oil. Then all of a sudden there was a loud squawking sound and this enormous egg popped out - 100 g WHAT A WHOPPER!

Poor Dolly, certainly made her eyes water. She's the smallest of my chooks and always lays the biggest eggs.

be sure to post a before and after cracked photo!!!!

I had a whopper off blanche this morning ( my pepperpot ). The top of the egg was cracked, so I had to crack it fully into a dish to save it & yep it was a double yolker! Nearly 10cm in length!!!!!!! Think that chook likes her spinach too much, as since I've been feeding them spinach as well as their normal pellets - she's been super chook! 8)

be sure to post a before and after cracked photo!!!!

I had a whopper off blanche this morning ( my pepperpot ). The top of the egg was cracked, so I had to crack it fully into a dish to save it & yep it was a double yolker! Nearly 10cm in length!!!!!!! Think that chook likes her spinach too much, as since I've been feeding them spinach as well as their normal pellets - she's been super chook! 8)

my girls love spinach too....put it in the run...and whoooosh tis gone! :wink: