meezers

Poorly dog, any ideas ?FINAL UPDATE

Thank you everyone. We were back at the vets this morning ( may just as well set up home there ! ) and Maisie had a steroid injection to hopefully make her more comfortable and improve her appetite. Should kick in this afternoon/evening, we'll see.

Should get the blood test confirmed either saturday or monday, then we are back at the vets monday evening for another injection, if this one works- or to say goodbye to her if it doesn't :cry:

So sorry to hear about Maisie and her possible prognosis. :(

Do listen to all your options though before making a decision, Bracken was diagnosed in November and she had chemotherapy treatment (expensive :!: but she was insured), sadly she passed away yesterday :cry::cry: but her condition during the treatment was absolutely amazing - it was like having a puppy again :) she walked miles, had a spring in her step, ate like a trooper, and we had a wonderful last couple of months with her which we will cherish forever.

I am not saying treatment is right for every scenario but do think about it as I am sure you will. :wink:

Sending you a big ((hug)) and I completely understand how you feel.x

Meezers, I'm so sorry to hear about Maisie... hope she manages to turn the corner :pray:

Bracken was diagnosed in November and she had chemotherapy treatment (expensive :!: but she was insured), sadly she passed away yesterday :cry::cry:

:cry: Oh Chelsea, I'm so sorry... what a rotten week you're having.

Thinking of you & sending hugs. xx

Chelsea- so sorry about Bracken, at least she had a few months of 'normal life'.

Maisie isn't insured and there is no way we could afford treatment ourselves- the vets bills have made a hole in our savings as it is.

The steroid injection has made no difference whatsoever, still not eating, just lying down looking sad. She brought up some more blood stained vomit last night, I've given her the last dregs of her anti nausea medicine and that seems to have helped, but I think we will be at the vets tomorrow morning, don't want to postpone it 'til evening, it's not fair on her. :(

Is she still drinking meezers? If so she could do with some electrolytes to drink like Lectade to ensure that she is getting some electrolytes. The Lab should be able to tell you whether she is leukaemic or not. If she isn't and is not drinking she may need to go on a drip to get her hydrated. How long before you get some results?