Chickendoodle

1 or 2 dogs? Pictures added!

Oh bless - I was looking at a cat rescue website :roll: the other day and it was full of black cats or black and white ones.

My friend has a black labradoodle, we couldn't believe how much bigger he is than Cookie (goldendoodle). He's almost like a wolfhound :lol: He's a great dog though and loves nothing better than charging round and rolling in muddy puddles :D

Labradoodle rescue lady coming this afternoon - had to put her off on Friday as we had severe snow problems!

She is bringing her own doodle with her together with the dog she is currently fostering - Daisy, who is a black shaggy doodle. Don't know how old she is but let's hope that Henry falls in love with her.

Love the name too!!! Very excited

Well,we met Daisy yesterday and she is adorable. The fosterer brought her and her own dog so it was quite chaotic with 3 dogs in our bungalow!

Henry really liked Daisy and he was very gentle with her and not at all jealous when we were stroking her. Very funnily he kept looking at her lady bits and we could see his brain trying to work out why she didn't have what he has :lol: He wasn't too impressed with another male dog in the house though so we at least know it has to be a "Ooops, word censored!" we have rather than a dog.

Daisy is very affectionate and seemed to spend most of the time on her back wanting a belly rub. She is 2ish and although very healthy looking - shiny coat (a little bit podgy) she seems to have been rather neglected affection wise. When the trust collected her they were told she was too boistrous and destructive but they spotted a kennel in the garden with a chain where she appeared to have been kept. She came from Devon and there was a relay of volunteers who brought her to the fosterer in Sussex. It's brilliant that there are so many caring people out there.

She is an absolute sweetie - she is calm, sits in the car beautifully and walks properly on the lead - perhaps she can teach Henry that bit :oops: She also comes back when she is let off the lead which is very important as we usually walk Henry on the Downs off the lead.

The fosterer is bringing her back on Friday (minus her own dog) so that we can go for a walk with her and Henry and then subject to approval from the trust we should hopefully be able to have her. It does depend if there is someone else on the waiting list for a 2 year old "Ooops, word censored!" who already has approval but as we have already met her that will score in our favour I hope.

She is black with a ginger top knot and beard - a very long beard for a lady! Henry is cream/apricot so a complete contrast to him.

We were totally amazed how Henry was with her as he is a very spoilt boy and we thought he would be severely jealous from the start. I'm sure there will be some rivalry but the first signs are very encouraging.

Ooh, I must buy a girlie collar :P

Well, Daisy arrived yesterday and she is adorable. She was understandably very nervous and we had a few little anxious wees inside but she seems to have settled down today. She needs a lot of encouragement to come into the house from outside and I suspect she wasn't allowed in her previous house.

We took her to the beach this morning with Henry and they had a whale of a time. She came back every time we called her - a pocketful of dried sausages works wonders :P and had great fun splashing about in the rock pools. When we came back she had a lovely play in the garden with Henry.

Here are some photos of her - I have also included one of Henry so that he doasn't feel left out! Hope they work as I haven't posted pics before

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Edited by Guest

Sorry about the large 3rd photo mods - I have been in and out of photobucket trying to re-size it (it worked like a dream for the other 2 but this one just won't do it!)

Yes she is a beauty. We are really thrilled

Got the box of dried sausages from petplanet - it was a 2kg box and you can just cut them up with scissors into dog sized pieces (Henry thinks a whole sausage is a dog sized piece tho :lol: )