Groovychook

New furry! Photo's added!!

Oh thanks everybody for your lovely comments! :D

We had to take Tinker to the vets today because he'd been making some funny snuffly/ choking noises. We were a little concerned in case it was a reaction to the kennel cough vaccine he'd been given at the rescue centre. We had to take him back to the practice that the Woodside use, which meant a two hour round trip to Plymouth :roll: ! He was so good on the journey again and it was well worth going as apparently he has a throat/ chest infection which would only have got worse over the next few days. He's been prescribed metacam and antibiotics for the next few days and hopefully that will sort it out.

It's just a joy to have him... can't wait to see him every morning when we wake up! :D

I think Tinker's feeling a bit better today- he's got much more energy than he's had over the past couple of days. :D

The vet advised us to keep him calm to give his chest a chance to settle down... easier said than done when all he wants to do is hare around at top speed and shake his squeaky toys to death!! He's full of beans and is desperate to meet the cats properly. He's had a few chance encountered and been hissed at... Bertie puffed himself up to giant proportions last night and looked twice the size of Tinker! The cat's don't seem too scared of him though- they've started to tentatively come into the same room as him now.

Hoping that they're all going to be friends soon! :pray:

He's doing fine! Thank you for asking :D

He's just finished all of his medication... poor thing had a few problems that we needed to sort out. He's had medicated shampoo, ear drops, metacam and antibiotics! :shock: He seems to be on the mend now.

He's such a sweetheart, friendly and playful, eager to learn and very affectionate. We love him so much- can't believe how lucky we are to have him! The cats are slowly getting used to him- he just wants to play but they're very wary!

I'm paranoid about letting him off the lead in the garden- he could easily scale the hedge into the field if he wanted to and we haven't mastered 'here' & 'stay' yet :anxious: I shut the girls into their run tonight and let him run about inside their fenced area... crikey, he's fast! He whizzed round and round at top speed!

Hope it's going well with Skye! Tinker sends his best regards! :D

Aww, sorry to hear he's been a tad poorly.

Skye has been very good today - we had 2 hours with her new trainer.

You could try Tinker with a clicker? Skye is fab with a clicker and treats, I call her and then when she comes she gets a treat and I click at the same time. This is really improving her recall and might help with you with Tinker in the garden.

He sounds like he's settled in nicely though. Can we have some more photos soon? :D

A clicker sounds like a good idea... I shall investigate online!

Going to try and get some good photo's of him today. He's been a nightmare at having his picture taken- rushes towards the lens as soon as you point it at him... I've got some marvellous snout shots! :lol:

Ahh, bless him 8)

I usually get spaniel blurs at the edge of the shot. I find holding a treat above your head and the camera in the other hand works quite well! :lol: (See signature pic :wink: )

Have managed to get a few fairly decent photo's of Tinker- an improvement on the previous blurry 'action shots' :lol:

Snowy's tip about holding the treat above your head helped!! Could only find an option for clickable thumbnails on photobucket though- they turned out huge with the other size!

He's got an awful lot of energy for such a small dog- loves going on long walks... just a shame he's developed a passion for cow pats & seems to think that they're a delicacy :vom:. Living next to a farm full of cattle, we're not short of the odd bit of cow dung... hopefully the interest will wear off soon!

th_DSC01953.jpg

th_DSC01971-1.jpg

th_DSC01987-1.jpg

th_DSC02009.jpg

Look at him with the chooks :D

Is he ok with them or still has to be on the lead?

He's still very much on the lead!!! He doesn't bark at the them and doesn't seem particularly fussed though. Every now & then, we let him chase around inside the chooks fenced area whilst they're shut in the run. He'll go up and peer at them but is more interested in running round at top speed! :lol:

I'm just paranoid about letting him off the lead full stop in case he makes a break for it over the hedge!!