Eggquisite

Alpacas - get our boys on the 31st March

Thanks everyone - we woke up this morning to find all 5 of them had got out into the main paddock which isn't a huge issue but that part of the paddock belongs to someone-else who

owns Shetlands :lol: So at 5.45 this morning we were herding them back in :wall::D

Looks like we'll be trying to sort the fencing out tomorrow :lol:

And nooooo :notalk: Couperwife & Seagazer - no trying to snaffle the Paca's :lol:

I'l keep you supplied with pic's without trying to bore you :lol:

Pleased to report after having had to go into the office today I got back 40 mins ago, the boys are still in the paddock - yipeeeee no chasing them round tonight :lol: just a little treat before bed time :clap::lol::lol:

oh, how gorgeous :D:D:D

I totally love the black one :D:D (can I steal him??? :think: - who is going to join me in my alpaca snaffling scheme? :anxious: )

they are all totally adorable :D

cathy

x

I will join you!!!!!!! ME ME ME ME ME

I would really like them but dont have the land unfortuantely.... although noticed you not far away from me in oxfordshire.... do you alpacas need a nanny!!!

I will join you!!!!!!! ME ME ME ME ME

I would really like them but dont have the land unfortuantely.... although noticed you not far away from me in oxfordshire.... do you alpacas need a nanny!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Welovemarmite, no they they don't yet have a nanny but we had OH's parents over for a few hours today, my parents visiting on Sunday & a list of people wanting to visit us all of a sudden :lol: We know they're not wanting to see us :wink: So I have a feeling we may need a rota for nannies very soon :lol: then again it will be very difficult for anyone to drag us away from the boys to warrant us needing a nanny :lol:

Oh my goodness, they are utterly, totally gorgeous. I fell in love with alpacas when i saw hens' and now im in love with yours too.

more photos please, more, more, more :clap::clap::clap:

More pic's to come tomorrow :D , the weather has been horrid today so left the camera in the house..

Happy Easter everyone (hatch)

Absolutely gorgeous. Can you cuddle them properly? Are they used to handling? :D

Hi Seagazer,,

No, they're not yet halter trained - we have that fun to come :lol: when we handle them we do hold them very close to us which does enable us to give them a little cuddle though :wink: but they are still a little nervous, Mario in particular when we want to handle him but hopefully with time they should be nice & relaxed.

I love the group photo :lol::lol::lol:

how on earth did you get them all to pose like that?? :lol::lol:

Hi Cathy,

More luck than judgement :lol: I was just in the right place at the right time I think..

:D

They are gorgeous, I am really jealous. I know nothing about Alpacas at all. Do groups with several boys get on or can there be problems with fighting and battles for top boy status like with lots of other animals? Do they just eat grass and do you have to do anything special for them in extreme weather conditions - rain, cold, heat?

I think I passed your Alpaca field today :D

Lovely animals and very odd to see them in the English countryside :D

Really :D, we're we out pooper scooping at the time :lol: I guess you're right - they're not your normal 'UK countryside animal' :D The number of people who have slowed down to take a look as they drive past has increased recently for sure :D . They are such great boys!

Hi Chucky Mama - you can get the odd little squabble whilst they establish top 'dog - we have been very lucky so far their introductions we're very good. As they get a little bit older they will grow fighting teeth - which are generally always taken out. We currently have 3 boys which have not yet been gelded (2x we hope to stud & 1x who is too young just yet). During winter you need to have a shelter for them but generally their fleece keeps them nice & warm :wink: They eat grass, hay & Camelibra the latter being a little supplement to their diet.

They are super creatures with really great characters - they should never be kept on their own as naturally they are a herd animal. Hope that gives you a little insight :wink:

Do you mean that their fighting teeth have to be removed? What are you planning to do with your gang, are they just pets or do you have a masterplan?

Hi there,

Yes sorry I meant their fighting teeth are taken out & they are all part of our master plan :lol: we're hoping to offer two out for studs services & then start breeding at some point in the future - not to forget we want to start making & selling Alpaca clothing etc... their fleeces are really great! So watch this space :lol: