daisy duck

Lavender

It might make their poos smell more fragrant Red :lol:

Yes, caz, we did have a pot of tea in there and I made my hubby walk round every single variety of lavender and herb!

Lucky you two, living so close. We stumbled across it really from the glorious smell coming in through the car window as we drove past. I bought 2 bottle of essential oil to keep me going....and some smelly sachets for my knicker drawer :D

Yes, we went a few years ago but it's all too crowded for me now. I passed my driving test in Spalding! There's no test centre in Stamford so I had 3 drives over there until I got it right!!!

Lavender (trying to get back on topic after I went off at a tangent again!), mine don't touch it or rosemary and most of the other herbs apart from basil and chives which they've decimated!!

Mine don't eat lavender either and I've got several varieties in my garden. They have chosen one to dust-bathe under when they're allowed to free-range, and rub up against the bush. They haven't done much damage - just rubbed a few leaves off on the underside. I did wonder whether it was deliberate to use the lavender oil to deter mites etc - or perhaps I'm endowing my girls with rather too much intelligence?

I planted lavender in the chicken run and they eat every blade which they can reach :evil: A few sprigs grow outwards through the netting and they can't reach it but that is all we see of it. Lavender in the garden they don't really bother with though as they are quite happy just tearing up the lawn instead.