hillfamily

Is this the new Mark 3 ?????????????????

Popped into the shop for a quick look..........................but chickened out at the checkout :wink: :wink:

Ditto

Now engaged in frantic negotiations with Joe about whether or not to get the Cube and three more hens and sell the Mk2........and to get out of the discussions he's rang his sister to wish her happy birthday! :twisted::twisted: We haven't even had the "laydees" a year yet!

Unlucky for him I got my work bonus last week and I am on rest day tomorrow and have the tape measure handy!!

How much do you think he would he pout if I ordered a shiny new green cube (will be sensible about this) but then the other worry is introducing more hens to the garden. The newbies would probably have to spend their days in the run (would be 3 metres) and the "laydees" are used to being out all day and wrecking the garden that we spent this weekend re-seeding and tidying up so it looks lovely for the summer. :think: :think: :think:

Think I'll email the boys at Omlet for an ETA on a green cube...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

xx

edit: email sent - but will have to wait for the reply before I can use the answer as a bargaining tool! :wink:

Ok so am I right in thinking my current eglu is 300+100=400cm long

and if I got a cube I could have a decent size one at 300 long I wouldnt have wanted 10 chickens as I have to keep them in all the time but I could have had 5 or so and they would have had plenty of space.

I'm actually quite depressed now, especially as I have now spent all my inheritence.

:) Oh, don't let the mark 3 launch take away your enjoyment of your mark 2! Remember how happy you were with it, and the hens, before all this talk.

I felt a bit the same when the mark 2 came out soon after my mark 1 arrived. Esp. when I wished I'd had 3 hens to start not just 2, and all the exciting colours came out too.

Perhaps you might upgrade to a cube & sell your mark 2 sometime in the future?

But, for now, it's such fun chickenkeeping, don't let anything put a dampner on your lovely Purple Eglu.

Everytime I see a wooden ark or hear of redmite problems in arks, I feel so glad to have at the last minute changed to getting an Eglu 2 years ago.

So, could have been worse, Bronze. I do sympathise, but it's still great isn't it? :D

Well I've just trawled through all the posts on this thread that I missed since logging off last night (do none of you do any work!?!?! :wink: ) Sadly I was stuck in court all day and then in a meeting until 8pm so I'm just catching up.

I LOVE the cube!

I didn't fall for it with those first grainy pics but it looks fantastic in the new pics. I am going to measure up and think about how it will work in my garden because I would really like to have one. I think I'd stick with the run provided with the cube and keep 6 hens because I'm not sure my garden would cope with 10 without giving us too much extra gardening :roll:

I'd like to see some better pics of the news style grub n glugs that seem to come with it. I'd also like to see one of the lads movie clips showing how the wheels work and how easy it is to move.

Thinking as I type - I'm drawn to the orange :D

:?:? Martin, however many times I look (& I've done nothing else the last hour or so :wink: ) I can't see the dimensions of just the cube at all.

Is it me being brainless, Martin? (Probably :roll::lol: )

Red, orange sounds good too! I think quite a few people are on their work hols (esp.teachers etc), then many work shifts, flexitime or at home. Mmmm, I do see that your job did take you away from the forum until this evening. :lol:

Edited by Guest

Sheila

You can find all the dimensions you could want here.

You click the two diagrams at the bottom right to get vertical and horizontal measurements.

I think you need extra space on both sides however, as the door lever seems to be on the opposite site to the egg-port door.

Sheila

the dimensions of the actual cube are

120 wide by 85 long and 70cms high

Doh, thank you Bronze (and Red, and Gallina). Just come back from zillioneth look & found it :oops:

I must have kept missing those 2 pics in my hurry to the checkout. :lol:

Oh dear Bronze, you sound like a Mark 3 expert. I do feel for you, honestly. :)

Edited by Guest

Great blog Martin - thanks for the mention. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing a real life Cube but I dont think I'll be having one - my four chooks are very happy in their Mk2. :D

I wonder who's garden the pictures were taken in? The woman doesnt actually look like she is looking into the cube - perhaps it was airbrushed (or wehatever they do) onto another picture. Same fencing as in the Mk2 pictures!