abwsco

Clothes shopping

I have gone a bit mad on their hippy floaty dresses for summer! Hoping I actually get to wear them!

I have noticed that their straps seem to be in a funny place though, so I do have to show my bra!! I have decided it is a fashion statement, and just accept it!

I have a few Joe Brown tops - in fact you may have helped me with a packing problem I will be having in September. Crinkly thin tops will be great for what I need - possibly staying in Lake Garda but getting there by motorbike so not a lot of luggage space. OH wants to stay in a really nice hotel instead of the one that's on the 'tour' plan ie a biker hotel (its our 25th) so I keep telling him I can't just rock up in a couple of old t shirts and a pair of jeans :notalk: Can you imagine what the Italians would think.

Off to have a look at their website again, think they could be my answer :think:

I hate, hate , hate looking for clothes in shops. My friend and I use catalogues, Next and La redoute usually. When the new catalogues come out we look through together ( egging each other on to try something different) then we order several of everything we like in different sizes and colours. Out of the dozens of items that arrive, we usually find something that actually fits and we like . Then we forget about clothes shopping until the next catalogue come out. Works for us. :D

Thats true Jules - I'll have to keep my purse in my bag for now. I've just got a skirt through from Boden and I'm a little disappointed with it to be honest. I'm feeling a bit bloated today so will wait and see if I think it looks better tomorrow. Would be good for the bike trip though as could wear a couple of different coloured tops with it to ring the changes a bit. :D

really where do you find things long enought at 5ft11? I have enough problems at 5ft9!!!

Ok...my attempt at irony failed...

I'm not a size 10, or 5ft 11ins...it's just that it seems to me that most clothes are designed to look fit someone who is!!!

I hate clothes shopping

Recently went into Allsaints with my DD (who is 20) she took a look around and pronounced that unless you are stick thin version of Helena Bonham Carter none of the clothes would suit you :lol:

I've read in The Independent today that Mango do high waisted jeans, i'm about to go and have a look online.

I do a lot of research online but actually love clothes shopping. I find it a lot easier if i'm not actually looking for anything specific. DD and I always go into Leicester for the day in the hols so last week we had a great day and i came home with four new tops from Topshop ( :shh: don't tell OH)

I've given up caring about size numbers. I'm roughly a size 14 bottom and size 12 top so that's my starting point but am happy to get whatever size fits, as long as it looks good.

Another one here who isn't a great fan of clothes shopping. When I was young and skinny I used to spend all my money on clothes :oops: I remember at uni living on very little food so I had money for clothes :roll:

Now that I'm short (whereas I used to be petite :lol: ), buxom and overweight and mostly live in casual clothes because I work from home I hate clothes shopping. Bravissimo has been a revelation and I love how easy mail order returns are with them. I find Kaliko tops flattering as they are fitted but the fabric doesn't seem to emphasize bumps and I love their jacket style so that with black trousers means work clothes are sorted.

After spending very little on clothes for the last few years I've recently decided to revamp my wardrobe and have decided on a colour palette for seperates so that they should mix and match better and plan to edit out the clothes that don't work with anything else or are serviceable but don't actually do anything for me.

You should try being a buxom wench,then you would complain about shopping!

I can only shop in one store in Reading.......& if they don't have what I need,I am scuppered

Sarah please tell me what shop that is !

BTW I emailed Bravissimo asking them to open a shop in Henley for us :lol:

I am soooo glad I am not alone. I get odd looks at work when I say I loathe it.

Hate it Hate it Hate it! Not even interested in clothes, never mind shopping for them. Do it all on line from Next as their clothes always seem to fit my shape.

How can anyone like it? My husband never worries when I reluctantly drag myself out to buy clothes. He does however go pale and tries to remove my credit card if I mention garden centres. :lol:

Kate, what a shame you don't like it as I could have taken you along to be my personal shopper-lol

More than happy to be your personal shopper Anne, if you don't mind wearing an Agave (my latest 'want want want' as it's got spikes - must be chicken-proof)

I'll buy you a capsule wardrobe from BBC Gardener's World Live next week! :lol:

really where do you find things long enought at 5ft11? I have enough problems at 5ft9!!!

Ok...my attempt at irony failed...

I'm not a size 10, or 5ft 11ins...it's just that it seems to me that most clothes are designed to look fit someone who is!!!

I hate clothes shopping

Recently went into Allsaints with my DD (who is 20) she took a look around and pronounced that unless you are stick thin version of Helena Bonham Carter none of the clothes would suit you :lol:

I am almost 6 ft (but not a size 10!!) It is really difficult to get trousers to fit. Long Tall Sally do some but even though I am getting older, I am finding them to be increasingly frumpy. Top Shop do some as well but I do feel a bit of a fraud going in there. Next used to do 33" inside leg trousers in the shops but now only sell them as extra long in the catalogues which is a bit annoying.

My real bugbear is shoes. I am 9 1/2 and have got about three shops that I can go in - and the choice is woeful. My daughter (13) has size 8 feet but they are really skinny and she is starting to find shoe shopping to be difficult. She tells me that is my fault that she is Godzilla!

[quote name='"jlo

I am almost 6 ft (but not a size 10!!) It is really difficult to get trousers to fit. Long Tall Sally do some but even though I am getting older' date=' I am finding them to be increasingly frumpy. Top Shop do some as well but I do feel a bit of a fraud going in there. Next used to do 33" inside leg trousers in the shops but now only sell them as extra long in the catalogues which is a bit annoying.

My real bugbear is shoes. I am 9 1/2 and have got about three shops that I can go in - and the choice is woeful. My daughter (13) has size 8 feet but they are really skinny and she is starting to find shoe shopping to be difficult. She tells me that is my fault that she is Godzilla![/color']

I am actually 5ft 9ins but nearly all my height is in my legs it seems (I have a 35 ins inside leg) so I share your despair at finding trousers/jeans long enough...I was so disappointed when Next stopped doing their "tall" range in store. At one time DP's also did a tall range but I don't shop there very often so not sure if they still do..

Thankfully at last M & S have realised that we would like longer T shirts... although I am short waisted I look ridiculously unbalanced with a short top and so welcome things that finish at the hip instead of just below the navel!