Chucky Mama

Eggs Or No Eggs - PlzPost Here If You Have An Egg Drought!

Not had eggs for about a month now. Tikka is feathering up after a really heavy moult and Margot & Barbara are not quite ready yet. They are both about 22 weeks old now so not sure when they will lay. Margot is a Light Sussex and Barbara a Cream Legbar cross, so not sure if they will lay at all till Spring. We really miss Korma :( Never had to buy eggs when she was with us!!!! :D

Usually you see no signs at all. Worm eggs which are shed are microscopic. Worms are only seen when things have got quite out of hand. If they haven't been wormed for 12 months, they really need doing. It is quite straight forward. If you don't already have some you can buy Flubenvet easily online.

I got my first 2 hens(hybrid) the last week in September. One was 24 weeks, and laid the second day we had her. She gave us about 5 eggs a week for the first 2 weeks, but we have had nothing since then. The other was 20 weeks when we got her, and has never laid.

Is this normal, and will I not get any more eggs till spring?

Usually you see no signs at all. Worm eggs which are shed are microscopic. Worms are only seen when things have got quite out of hand. If they haven't been wormed for 12 months, they really need doing. It is quite straight forward. If you don't already have some you can buy Flubenvet easily online.

Have put some on a piece of sweetcorn and used a cocktail stick to feed one piece each to each chicken.

Will repeat for the next 7 days.

Since they looked happy and I hadn't seen any signs, I just hadn't bothered.

Out of my 9 only Muppet is laying . I'm getting about 4 little eggs a week and boy am I hoarding them :lol: The older girls are all coming out of full moults, though Ozzy and Welly were the first to start back in august/september and are now fully feathered, still not expecting anything off them until spring, so they've swung themselves a nice long break :( the other 4 older ones are still looking like pin cushions, so they're excused.

I'm hoping my faverolle will come into lay soon, she is supposed to lay through winter, though no sign yet, I have my fingers crossed :pray: Not sure about the auracana, I'm assuming I'll have nothing from her until spring.

So it's all down to Muppet and Delilah, and Muppet is bound to go broody again before too long. :roll:

I do have some eggs in the freezer for baking - I WILL NOT be buying eggs for the christmas cake like I had to last year. :lol:

Have put some on a piece of sweetcorn and used a cocktail stick to feed one piece each to each chicken.

Will repeat for the next 7 days.

Since they looked happy and I hadn't seen any signs, I just hadn't bothered.

Flubenvet medicated feed should really be fed exclusively for the full 7 days of treatment. The medication should sit in the gut all day for it to work properly.