Chucky Mama

Eggs Or No Eggs - PlzPost Here If You Have An Egg Drought!

O.M.G!

I just posted in 'chickens' about this! I should have looked here first :oops::oops:

I've 13 girls, one perminantly in a broody cage! Only got 3 eggs on saturday and only 4 today...... can't work out why the big change, have wormed with flubenvet, cut down on treats....... it is very frustrating.....

4 girls all bought at pol. 3 of the girls lay every day except my buff girl buttercup. When she first laid we had a few soft eggs then an egg a day for the first fortnight. Now had no white eggs for the past 2 and a half months, all the girls are fed the same and buttercup seems her usual happy gentle self and she isn't moulting or broody any ideas would be gratefully received. (she is still a darling though and don't care if she never lays )

Edited by Guest

Major egg drought here. I have 3 layers from last year, and 3 newish POL pullets - 1 leghorn, 2 amber stars. I've seen less eggs over the past 8 weeks than I did all winter with 5 hens. I am lucky to get 2 or 3 per day, most days it's one, or none. The new girls seem like they can't be "Ooops, word censored!"d to do any eggs - we had a couple off each of them about 4 weeks ago, and nothing since. My girls are in a fruit cage WIR and I have moved them out of an Omlet and into a slightly bigger wooden house with 2 nest boxes. Up until April the production was ok, I had enough to supply me, my Mum and Dad, and have a couple of half-dozen boxes to sell as well. Lately it takes a week to get anywhere close to a half dozen and I'm really fed up. Their food is layers pellets and kitchen s"Ooops, word censored!"s, with corn for treats. My Mum gives them all her veg peelings and cabbage leaves, and they get my fresh spinach most days too. I am not letting them out to free range at the moment, but that is normal for them and they have sun, shade and space enough. What is going on?

:(

Just thought i would update my egg drought.

I have had two 'nearly' eggs, that is, both without any shell just a small yolk and some white :roll: . Although they do have access to crushed oyster shell.

I found this link quite useful as I think at least 2 of my hens are molting, (the others maybe coming out in sympathy :lol: )

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/450/several-reasons-why-your-hens-may-stop-laying-eggs

I was getting one a day from 4 chickens maximum a month ago. I have not restricted free ranging as whist nice, eggs are not my priority for keeping chickens. I am now getting 1 from 1 girl and 2 others are laying pretty much every other day. 1 has peritonitis and so will not be laying again. They are eating more pellets naturally now for some reason.

I'm getting one egg a day from five hens. They have all just been wormed with Flubenvet and treated with louse powder. I think my two ex batts have just about finished laying, I've got one broody and one who stopped being broody about 3 weeks ago liad 3 eggs and hasn't laid since. I'm hoping its just the weather.

Two girls about 18 months old. One is fine the other has stopped laying for about 2 months now. Done everything I have read from here. Even taken her to the vets who truely wasn't interested. Gave her some liquid for about a week just incase there was an internal problem. That still didn't work. She is still not laying. Very concerned. Don't know what else to do. Had girls fro Omlet just over 10 months ago. Given them both extra vitimins and Flubenvet 1%. Anybody got any advise. They donot roam free but stay in the Eglu. Help needed please.

I've had my girls now for 2 weeks and only PP has laid every day, including on route to my house! She's 26 weeks old (or young) now. GNR doesn't seem interested in laying at all :o( She also has the annoying habbit of sleeping in the nest at night :o( What can I do to get her to start laying??

Egg drought here too, getting one egg most days from four hens, I think it's the same one laying. Been like this for about three or four weeks now, girls all appear healthy and happy, free range all day as always and have been recently wormed and deloused. :think: No idea what' going on. They were kept in their extended run over the weekend as we were away and still only one egg, so not laying elsewhere.Never experienced this before, they have all laid all winter and it comes as a great shock to have to start rationing eggs! Lots of feathers about last week, some bald bits, but lots of new feathers on the way by today. Mini moult? Hoping that normal service will resume shortly! :pray: