AnnieP

No electricity. Advice please!

Have just had a note put through my door saying that due to "essential work", our electricity supply will be cut off a week on Sunday from 9.30 am to 11.30 pm. 14 hours!

Will the food in my freezer be Ok for this time? Should they be offering a generator? Should I complain?

No forum! :roll::cry:

but then again, we'll have to have lunch out..... do you think they'll pay? :wink:

Yes so long as you don't open the freezer door it will be fine for that long Annie :wink:

It does seem excessive is there not some charter where if you get cut of for more that a certain number of hours you are due compensation :? It may be only for unexpected supply cuts but it would be worth checking it out :shock:

I often get these cuts for whole days (less than 12 hours though) but they always do them during the week when most people are out at work so are not to bothered by them :?

How inconsiderate!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Its Easter Sunday for heavens sake - do they not know people have family round for meals etc Grrrrr!!! :x

I would call them ASAP and get as much info as you can & state you are not happy and would like compensating - even if its just £20 off you bill its something :D

Its Easter Sunday for heavens sake - do they not know people have family round for meals etc Grrrrr!!! :x

I would call them ASAP and get as much info as you can & state you are not happy and would like compensating - even if its just £20 off you bill its something :D

It will be going off a week Sunday Emma :wink:

It will be going off a week Sunday Emma :wink:

Typical me - reading way to fast for my own good! :oops::oops::oops:

Its a good job i didnt go into full swing and start calling the electricity company who employ workers on the weekends for double pay dont they realise they have families too :roll::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would still call them Annie :D

You might find it only goes off for a few hours Annie, they have probably given you the worst case scenario

You'll still definately have to have lunch out though :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Great suggestions guys!

Have just called them: It was a typo on the leter, it should have read 9.30 am to 11.30 AM

2 hours! :lol::lol::lol:

The guy on the end of the phone was not a happy bunny: He's bracing himself for a morning of phone calls from irate customers! :lol::lol:

Still think we'll go out for lunch though... just in case! :wink:

Typical. They make the employees work on a Sunday AND get the times totally wrong. There's some suit sat somewhere oblivious to the disruption they've caused :roll: Gets my goat that does.

You could always have a nice long lay in Annie, or an extra long soak in the bath...followed by brunch :D

It is a pan'Isn't it?

But you are lucky to get a warning!

Ours went out for 5 hours a few weeks ago,& we thought it was just a power cut until I phoned & was told it was for maintenence work :roll:

It was supper time too :roll::roll::roll:

When I said that maybe it would have been nice to get a bit of warning they said they didn't have time to tell everyone (it only affected 20 or so homes)