Unit

With a big thank you, I introduce...

With thanks to many folk on this forum, for advice given to myself and that which I've read for others, we've finally got our ex-battery girls installed in the garden! It's been years in the planning and a lot of investigating, reading, researching and preparing, not least of which was done here and so, I'm proud to introduce you all to...

DANNY:

180720101334.jpg

Flack:

180720101316.jpg

Cowboy:

180720101319.jpg

Cheers y'all!

Unit xx

Danny & Flack are detectives in CSI New York, one of our favourite shows and Cowboy is a character in one of my favourite books, JPod by Douglas Coupland... OK, so they're technically boys names but I didn't read any rules about naming chickens! Hehe!

I wondered about those drooping bits - ears huh? See, I've still got lots to learn (and I read The Urban Hen by Paul Peacock cover to cover and marked pages to go back to!)

Flack has been trying to wind up the neighbours, squawking at 08.45 this morning and Danny has had a peck at me so I'm expecting trouble in the nicest possible way!

Oh and we've been incredibly lucky to have two intact (and one broken) egg since they arrived! I presume these were working their way through the internal systems as we re-homed them and I'm not expecting more for a wee while whilst they settle but they're a treat to start us off on the right foot! Maybe a thank you for rescuing them?

Well done!! I got my ex-batts on Sunday (wonder if they came from the same place as yours?) They are settling in very well too. Your hens look particularly photogenic! The leg rings are a good idea too, one of mine is instantly recognisable, but the other two are pretty identical!

Well done!

Well, they're settling amazingly! Seem right at home... As if they own the garden!?

And as for eggs - eight laid in three days!? I thought ex-batts were likely to not lay for a while! Not that I'm complaining!