Janty

Anyone in East Anglia wanting more girls?

No, not mine!

:D

I had an e-mail from a local breeder last night. It's the same breeder where I got Mrs. Beeton, my naughty pekin. She is moving and so has some birds going 'cheep'.

Hello All, I am moving house in a couple of weeks and will be taking half the chickens with me so I need to sell some youngsters to make the move easier! So I have quite a few Chickens going "Cheep"!! Orpingtons: (up to ten weeks old)Pullets - splash, gold partridge, jubilee, blue. Cocks - gold laced, gold partridge, blue, splash, buff, cuckoo. Unsexed - buff, gold laced. All only £10 each!! Pekins: (up to 14 weeks old)Pullets - lavender, black, gold birchen, white, gold partridge. Cocks - lavender, millefleur. Again just £10 each!! Then i have 1 light sussex pullet and 1 rhode island red pullet both at 10 weeks old, and just £10 each. Please get in touch if you are interested. Find us on Facebook too to be kept up to date (if you haven't already!) Best wishes. Charley http://www.frittonpoultry.com

Thought I'd share as her birds are really lovely.

Ok, I confess.

:angel:

Yesterday I collected the two Orps and the pekin...

NewpekinsandOrps020.jpg

NewpekinsandOrps023.jpg

NewpekinsandOrps021.jpg

This morning I spoke to the breeder near Bury St E's who crossed the silver partridge pekin with the buff columbian pekin. He said that my two were ready to collect so I took a trip down there this morning.

NewpekinsandOrps018.jpg

NewpekinsandOrps001.jpg

Now I know what you are thinking...there's three pekins in the last photo. Well a third pekin caught my eye (a salmon) and it turned out that she is the daughter of one of the cockerels that I gave to the breeder last year. Couldn't leave her behind after finding that otu, could I?!!

:D:D

NewpekinsandOrps012.jpg

Your new little girls are absolutely lovely!

Sadly I've had to promise the pet-sitter there will be no more than 7 chickens when she sits for me in November and, even more sadly, she can count :evil:. I'm so jealous ...

Can't you find a chicken sitter who is mathematically challenged?

:D