sari

Help! " lost" chicken :( Sad update- found by fox :(

Thanks everyone.....my sensible and pragmatic 9 year old is currently lying on her bed sobbing, having realised that

" she never even got to lay an egg "....what do you say to that? :( Thank you for all your kind words. It seems silly being sad over a chicken, but even though we'd only had them a month, I'd got quite fond of them...even Selma, who was chief Bully.....

Thanks everyone.....my sensible and pragmatic 9 year old is currently lying on her bed sobbing, having realised that

" she never even got to lay an egg "....what do you say to that? :( Thank you for all your kind words. It seems silly being sad over a chicken, but even though we'd only had them a month, I'd got quite fond of them...even Selma, who was chief Bully.....

we're all so sorry for you sari :(

although she never got to lay an egg, try to find comfort in the knowledge that your little chicken got to be part of a family and will be remembered & missed by all who loved her. although it's a very sad way to think of it, some hens lay hundred of eggs but never really 'exist' or are missed by anyone when they're gone.

remind your daughters of all the good things selma experienced because of them & you, and always remember that she will have passed & will be looking down on you with lots of happy memories in her heart :angel:

*sending you some big hugs*

we're all so sorry for you sari :(

although she never got to lay an egg, try to find comfort in the knowledge that your little chicken got to be part of a family and will be remembered & missed by all who loved her. although it's a very sad way to think of it, some hens lay hundred of eggs but never really 'exist' or are missed by anyone when they're gone.

remind your daughters of all the good things selma experienced because of them & you, and always remember that she will have passed & will be looking down on you with lots of happy memories in her heart :angel:

*sending you some big hugs*

Thank you...even though Selma was chief bully and grumpy pants, I was fond of her, as she was very sparky. I'll get Topsy ( my little dd to read this, as she's in bed, having a quiet time {she's fluey as well} and it might help her a bit,,,thanks x x x x)

Sari x x

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Sari. I lost a chicken this morning to illness and have been a bit weepy about it, despite not having had her very long. There's nothing wrong with mourning the loss of a pet, and I'm sure she was much loved and had a happy life.

Oh Sari, I'm so very sad to hear your news :cry::cry:

Let's hope that Selma is playing away up there in that big dustbath in the sky with our Lottie and all the other animals.

Having recently lost one of our girls to a bacterial infection, we can understand how devastated you all feel. We don't half get attached to our girls don't we hey and we'd only had Lottie for nearly three weeks when we lost her :cry:

Big hugs to you all xxx