bigmommasally

Turtle Door Mat

Anyone had an experience of Turtle Door Mats?

We had a lovely new floor laid in our hall and now need a good door mat. I like the look of the Turtle door mats but unfortunately the nice designs are 4cms too wide for my front door. :( Under the FAQ section it says they can be cut to size but also that they can shrink slightly in the wash. Just wondered if anyone here had any experience of them.

Or failing that has anyone seen any nice door mats elsewhere?

http://www.turtlemat.co.uk/Exclusive-mat-designs/

:)

The Turtle door mat company used to be located in Kingston upon Thames, just round the corner from where I live. I had one of their door mats once and found it an excellent product. They are quite pricey for a mere doormat, but they really work (absorbing wet, muddy cat paw prints!) and can be machine washed. The designs are much nicer these days. I think I only had a choice of brown and grey when I bought mine.

I didn't realize that the mats can be cut to size. What an excellent idea. I'd say splash out and get one! :dance:

They are excellent.My muddy dog makes little impact on the kitchen floor having trod through the mat. I have them all over the house. They are pricey but my oldest one is over 20 years old and still going strong having been washed maybe once a fortnight. I have found cheaper copies to not last long before they either fray or the backing cracks.

I have two of the exterior mudhogs too and they are wonderful for muddy feet, better than anything else I have tried.

I have been looking at these for a while, as my Mum has one and loves it.

Just found the retro spot on eon ebay and ordered it for £37 8)

Me too :roll::lol:

Happily found out that not only will my door clear it nicely,but it is the exact width to fit inside my hallway perfectly :D

Hope it comes soon 8)

Thanks for the update, I am still dithering but I definitely need one, my back doormat is a disgrace, and it takes a lot of traffic (cats, visits to chickens, nipping in from the garden to put the kettle on) so I need one I can wash.

They do seem expensive but if it's recommended by the Omlet forum ... :wink:

I smell the whiff of another 'Omlet Must Have'.... :lol:

I am completely unimpressed with you lot. :wink:

Until a recent posting I had never heard of a kindle... then after reading the comments I had to have one and LOVE it (the bill hasn't even arrived yet). When I saw this post I wondered why anyone would be seeking a mat with a picture of a turtle on it or in a turtle shape :doh:

I should have known better. Having now googled them and seen your comments I really really do need one near the mess of the front door. I think DH is finally going to consider banning me from the forum... I wonder if it could just appear and I'd get away with the comment that it was a cheapy :think:

OK, need advice please. Will the retro spot one look ok on lino that is tile effect, different shades of grey. Have seen the bright spot one IRL and it would be too bright. Stupidly I forgot to look at the others in the shop :wall::wall: and I'm not driving over half an hour on the motorway in this weather to check.

I have the retro spot one and it looks great!

It is currently on lino in the utility room. Blue weird kind of pattern :vom: We are redesigning it at the moment, so the colour will change, but I love the mat! Really good at the moment with all the snow, salt etc OH insists on bringing in with him :roll::lol:

I have got several Turtle mats dotted through the house - including one as a bathroom mat - I have also given them as Christmas presents. Although expensive they last really well and wash brilliantly, my ninety year old mum has had one for ages, unfortunately she couldn't manage to pick it up to wash it so she thought it wouldn't be any good anymore, I gave it a run through the machine and she couldn't believe that it looked like new.

I did find my last one by trawling through the Internet and looking at discontinued designs being sold at around a 30% discount, unfortunately I can't remember where from as it was 18 months ago. Anyway I certainly think they are worth buying even at full price.

I have got several Turtle mats dotted through the house - including one as a bathroom mat - I have also given them as Christmas presents. Although expensive they last really well and wash brilliantly, my ninety year old mum has had one for ages, unfortunately she couldn't manage to pick it up to wash it so she thought it wouldn't be any good anymore, I gave it a run through the machine and she couldn't believe that it looked like new.

I did find my last one by trawling through the Internet and looking at discontinued designs being sold at around a 30% discount, unfortunately I can't remember where from as it was 18 months ago. Anyway I certainly think they are worth buying even at full price.

Thanks Eggasperated :) Will try trawling around.