bigmommasally

Turtle Door Mat

OK, having said I could only afford one, somehow two mats slipped into the basket ... the nice eBay seller sent them within two days, but I had to go and collect from the Post Office this morning. They are amazingly light and soft ... the old mat which I've just put in the bin feels like a bit of cardboard in comparison.

I bought the grip backing on one by mistake but I don't think it will matter, still seems to be sticking quite well to my tiled floor.

I just hope you lot are right! The one by the back door (classic stripe, since you ask) will be put to the test this morning as it's drizzling nicely here and I'll be gardening as I let the chooks out to play.

The only problem with Turtle mats is they last a long time so there's no excuse to buy more :roll:

That's a good thing :D I will give this one a whirl and if it's as amazing as I am lead to believe ( little does this mat know it has a lot to prove, poor thing :wink: ) I shall no doubt be purchasing another :D Well, I have a back door that is in desperate need of a nice looking mat.

The power of Omlet.

Back in 2010, I resisted the temptation to buy a Turtle Mat but having had a new kitchen and floor laid in November I am getting cross with muddy footprints so I have given into temptation and purchased one. Ordered it yesterday and it has come today. It looks lovely but not yet been used.

Thank you Omletteers

Chrissie

Well I am astonished to look back and see that I bought my Turtle mats in 2011 - they are still going well, and were definitely a good investment. You won't be disappointed, Chrissie - I probably don't (ahem) wash mine as frequently as it deserves, but they come out looking as good as new.

Oh I wonder were they more robust in past? I bought two,two years ago and one is ready for the bin. OH left a mop which had bleach on it sitting on top of one. It obviously destroyed the colour but also dissolved the fabric. Mine are washed frequently as OH insists on wiping his mucky shoes on the one inside the kitchen rather than on the rubber mats outside :roll: I definitely can’t teach that old dog new tricks. The colour and pattern are now very faint.

Olly I am pleased to hear your mat is lasting well. As they are expensive compared to other mats I am hoping it will last for a few years.

Sorry to hear that yours has not lasted very well G.

So far I'm very pleased with mine and it will look lovely when the utility is done at the end of the month.

Chrissie