Cinnamon

No more Aubiose :-(

Well, I am using raked up dry leaves in my chickens' run and they love it. I Just dump a wheelbarrow full in a heap and they spend the day sorting through them and I guess eventually those that don't rot down can be raked out in the summer and it doesn't cost me a penny :-)

Thanks so much to everyone for all the brilliant ideas and advice.....think I've sorted out what to do now as far as keeping the Hemcore in the run (and not outside it!)

Any suggestions where I can get a clear plastic tarpaulin for the run? Have tried ebay and various builders merchants but no joy. Whats the best thing to use? All suggestions very welcome!

Any suggestions where I can get a clear plastic tarpaulin for the run? Have tried ebay and various builders merchants but no joy. Whats the best thing to use? All suggestions very welcome!

**Tarpaflex** :D

A couple of sizes are sold out atm but you could always ring them and see.

Their bargain Army tarps are great too 8)

Well, I am using raked up dry leaves in my chickens' run and they love it. I Just dump a wheelbarrow full in a heap and they spend the day sorting through them and I guess eventually those that don't rot down can be raked out in the summer and it doesn't cost me a penny :-)

I know what I'm going to do next autumn! Good job there are several big trees on our road :)

Feeling more confident now about the set up of the cube. I've put a row of bricks along the bottom of the run to keep the Hemcore in and will get a clear taup to keep the rain out......sorted, so thanks to you all for your experience and advice, my chucks are very happy!

I do that in the autumn too Sky and they really love it! My bantam area is divided into two halves, winter and the rest of the year. The winter area is woodchip and leaves, which I top up with leaves as they fall, then woodchip in spring when I move the chooks back to their summer quarters. It's far too big an area to cover and it works a treat here. :)