Cinnamon

No more Aubiose :-(

Aubiose is no more, well not at my supplier anyhow :(

Evidently they can no longer get hold of it. It is a by product from the manufacture of car dash boards,& they have now found a way to use the entire product,so the by product is no more.....

They offered me a great alternative - a big compressed bag of a horse bedding made from chopped up Elephant Grass. it seems good,smells great & the hens are enjoying the bale I put in this morning :P

Also, at £5.50,its a fair bit cheaper than the French stuff :lol:

yep, it's now HempBed-E imported from the Netherlands for my chooks. i'm just about to order my first lot from FlyteSoFancy.

it has Eucalyptus pellets added which should be good for my girls over the winter.

at £5.99/7kg or £11.50/15kg i can't remember whether there's a difference in price with Aubiose. but with the additional £8 p&p it always works out alot...

i wish there was a local farm or horsey shop that i could get my supplies from :|

Oh boo. Luckily lots of alternatives have been tried and suggested on here - reckon my current bale will last me well into the spring as I only use it in the nesting box and a handful in the poo tray. I'll have to see what my local supplier is stocking then.

We had this problem recently but have found another supplier who had managed to get some in having had trouble for a while....that is after buying Easibed on the basis of views from this forum.

Have to say the Easibed is not a patch on Aubiose. We needed to use the whole bale which we feel was still inadequate despite being 25kg (not 20kg) and it went damp very quickly in the slabbed run where Aubiose wouldn't have. It doesn't dry so fast either. In addition it became a bit damp in the nest box of the cube! Have since pushed the Easibed into the run from the nest box and replaced it with Aubiose which is still dry a week later.

We also have doubts Easibed will compost down so quickly as it is shredded softwood.

Hope we can get more Aubiose in the new year when we'll need another change.

I use easibed and cushion bed in the run I find it dries out fairly quickly mind it does get turned over 2 or 3 times a day by the girls looking for grain or seeds they might have missed.I used most of last years to mulch the spuds in the spring I'm now digging that bed and most of it has rotted down the rest is getting dug in as I muck the bed.

I use Bliss in the main part of the house and shavings in the nest box

It is a by product from the manufacture of car dash boards,& they have now found a way to use the entire product,so the by product is no more.....

??

According to the Aubiose web site (http://www.aubiose.co.uk/)

La Chanvriere de L’Aube was formed in 1973 and is the largest European Hemp Producer. Our Hemp is grown in the Champagne District of France where the climate fulfils the conditions that must be present for successful Hemp cultivation. Each year around 6,000 hectares of Hemp is grown by our 350 Farmer members ( LCDA has Agricultural Cooperative Status). Our products including Fibre, Aubiose Animal Bedding, Cat Litter, Garden Mulch, Building Products and Hemp Oil for Human Consumption are distributed all over Europe, Canada and North America.

Aubiose Ltd is a sister company to LCDA, responsible for marketing it’s products in the UK.

So - all may still be OK. (as above - will report back when/if the yreply)

and here is their (speedy) reply

Thank you for your email, this rumour is untrue, we are still producing Aubiose we are just not receiving the quantises as before. The reason for this is that the factory lost a large contract for the fibre sales which is the outer part of the plant and because the factory did not wish to store the fibre they decided that they would only produce what they have in terms of fibre sales, this situation will change once they find a new contract.

so good new for once and panic over!

H